MarketPro has partnered with a Princeton, New Jersey fast-growing enterprise software brand in search of their next Director of Product Marketing. Acting as Chief Product Advocate and functional lead for Product Marketing, this role has a deep understanding of company strategy, product roadmap, customer needs, market opportunities and competitive threats. He/She understands product feature set and its benefits and guides the development of compelling, differentiating value propositions. Additionally, The Director of Product Marketing in this marketing executive search leads a team to develop strategic marketing plans and product marketing deliverables and to ensure product messages are consistently delivered across all channels.
- Key role for the go-to-market team
- Works collaboratively with Sales, Product Management, Marketing Communications, Demand Generation, and other teams to drive growth and customer success
- Messaging: Leads development of product positioning and messaging that differentiates the product in the market
- Content: Leads team and directly contributes to content creation (e.g. GTM sales materials, product collateral, product content on digital properties, multi-media assets, event presentations and workshops) to articulate the benefits of the product to the market
- Sales enablement: Partner with Product Management team and Sales Operations to communicate the value proposition of the product to the sales team
- Develop the sales tools and training that support the selling process of the product
- Product launch: Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Customer Intelligence: Be the expert on buyers of the product, how they buy and their buying criteria
- Market/Competitor Intelligence: Be the expert on competition. Follow and analyze market trends to position the product and identify new required capabilities
- 15+ years’ experience in marketing SaaS or enterprise software
- Experience in software product launches and release plans
- Experience with product positioning, market analysis, go-to-market planning and sales enablement
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a technical discipline; MBA desirable
- Experience in Life Sciences or working on the Life Science Vertical (e.g., in a marketing agency, consulting firm) desirable
This is a full-time direct hire.