A leading global consumer goods brand has joined forces with MarketPro to locate a dynamic Global Director of Marketing. Based out of St. Louis, our client has been a staple in households around the world for over 100 years. Throughout its history, our client has continued to innovate and create new products that meet the ever-changing needs of today’s consumers.
The Global Marketing Director is responsible for leading and establishing the strategy behind the business and marketing plans of a premium category to achieve profit, sales, brand, and share goals. He/she will be charged with increasing ROI long-term in this marketing executive search through effective leadership with a clear corporate strategy, thought leadership, branding, intercontinental marketing plans, and more.
- Leads the primary category of business, including reporting to leadership of business performance, issues and opportunities
- Engages the organization in the development of the Business Plan and Marketing Plan that engages our colleagues, customers and consumers and creates a competitive advantage
- Leads a team of marketing professionals to develop and deploy the Marketing Cycle Plans (portfolio, packaging, pricing, and distribution) in line with the category strategy
- Leads and develops 3 year Strategic Plan (“plan on a page”) in line with company priorities
- Leads and shapes the 3 year Product Cycle Plan
- Develops the Annual Marketing Plan – Collaborates closely with global colleagues to ensure a holistic category business plan is deployed to the organization. This includes global marketing strategies, media guidelines, new product development, pricing strategies, visibility and distribution guidelines.
- Proactively identifies trends/risks to delivering the plan and helps lead and drive corrective action
- Provides full transparency to leadership on key issues as they impact business performance and company goals
- Proactively assesses & assertively responds to market changes
- Understands competitive intelligence and changing market place dynamics to input into global strategies
- May also perform additional duties as assigned
- 4 year college degree (Marketing / Business Administration preferred); MBA preferred
- Min. of 7 years (CPG preferred) business experience with at least 5 years’ marketing leadership experience on global brands
- Min. 7 years of marketing experience including brand development, strategy, planning, 4P (pricing strategy, distribution, product and visibility) development and execution including new product development
- Min. of 7 years’ experience in influencing all levels of a global organization
- Diverse experience across multiple countries
- Critical working relationships internally include Integrated Supply Chain, Commercial, R&D, Finance, and Legal. External engagement with agency partners as required
- Experience in leading strategy development in line with corporate strategic direction
- Understanding of modern and traditional trade channels
- Agency Management – Experience leading an RFP process, agency assessment, evaluations and ongoing agency management.
- Strong understanding of Consumer Insights and Research
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills
This is a full-time direct hire.