MarketPro has partnered with a global commercial manufacturer to locate their next dynamic Senior Content Experience Manager. Based in Savannah, this leader will oversee all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive engagement, retention, leads, positive customer behavior, and ultimately sales. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, including digital, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
This marketing staffing position collaborates cross-functionally to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer. Ultimately, the job of the Senior Content Experience Manager is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person each buyer persona within the enterprise
- Activating a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why
- Clearly define content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing)
- Continually evolve content strategy is a must
- Develop a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups
- Supervise writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Integrate content activities within traditional marketing campaigns
- Conduct ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness
- Gather data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results
- Work with content owners to optimize and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Develop standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics
- Establish a work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with technical team to implement appropriate content operations system
- Conduct periodic competitive content audits
- Supervise the maintenance of content inventories and matrices
- Ensure consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies
- Participate in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals
- Create a strategy for developing SMS/MMS outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as needed
The Senior Content Experience Manager is measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects into the company through the consistent development and deployment of content to each persona group. Primary criteria for success are customer and employee affinity. Success is measured around lifetime customer value, customer satisfaction, and employee advocacy. This role reports to the Director of Marketing Communications. Additional success criteria include:
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in journalism or marketing
- 5-7 years of work experience in digital media as a manager
- Manage an editorial calendar for multiple verticals
- Strong project management skills
- SEO and deep knowledge of best practices
- Data analytics to create a strategy for growth
- Increase defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action)
- Proven track record in delivering success via organic content on social and digital platforms
- Website and social media traffic growth
- Define conversion metrics and growth
- Increase keyword rankings
- Work with cross-functional teams such as marketing, product, compliance, sales and design
This is a full-time direct hire.