MarketPro has partnered with the fastest growing nonprofit provider of online education in the nation in s search of an experienced media buyer to play a central role in lead generation. This is a visible and critical position for their Boston office. The right candidate will collaborate with internal creative team and external media buying agency to strategically drive continual improvement in DRTV.
The National Media Buyer responsibilities will be comprised of the overall execution and management of brand’s National TV buy including National Cable, National DR and Local DMA. This marketing staffing role encompasses all activities from research, negotiations, placement, daily management and reporting to the reconciliation of all TV Media buys. Most importantly, this position faces the TV industry and it is critical this candidate can manage and maintain strong TV network relationships that always positively reflect the brand. These functions will be overseen by the AVP of Mass Media.
- Responsible for all National TV buys including National Cable, National DR and Local DMA buys from research to reconciliation
- Negotiate DRTV media schedules and monitor ongoing performance daily to determine necessary re-negotiations within flight to optimize performance
- Challenge networks weekly for better clearance, bonus weight and opportunity
- Maintain constant communication with networks to remain current on prevailing DR pricing and inventory and industry conditions
- Work with Media Coordinator to make sure rate information and programming is updated weekly and all contact info verified & updated as necessary
- Spearhead Quarterly Media Planning summits with team by being beyond prepared with rate information, industry conditions and keen network knowledge to help build the plan and be comfortable making recommendations
- Work with Media Coordinator to reconcile vendor invoices and handle any discrepancies in order to complete necessary billing procedures in compliance with deadlines provided by Finance
- Work with Media Coordinator to develop and issue weekly/quarterly reports on campaign performance versus goals and recommended buy management changes
- Ensure that all media campaign goals are being achieved with set goals
- Quarterly Network visits to NYC and frequent industry conference attendance while maintaining and representing the brand and standards at all times
- Absolutely must be a “Relationship Builder” and have strong current relationships or a personality fit to build and maintain relationships that best represent the brand
- Must have a strong understanding of Nielsen/KPI’s and industry vernacular
- Must have amazing attention to detail and are extremely self-motivated and can handle a fast paced demanding environment while being able to think out of the box for the best of the brand
- Strategic financial mindset to calculate rates, & budgets using Nielsen metrics
- Must come armed with strong negotiation skills
- BA Degree or equivalent experience is required
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of national direct response TV buying experience.
- Strong excel and power point skills a must
- Please note this position is on site only
This is a full-time direct hire.