MarketPro has partnered with an innovative brand that’s re-imagining the warehousing & supply-chain industry. They design, develop and deploy advanced technology systems that help companies solve operational inefficiencies, helping meet their customer’s everyday demands.
Since 2011, this Atlanta-based organization has grown rapidly from a two-man team, and today has over 500+ employees. Their technologies are increasing efficiency and accuracy, optimizing supply-chains and bringing scalability to over 50 locations across multiple countries in the world.
We are currently in search of their next Director of Product Management to join this innovative, fast-growing team.
As a member of the product management team, you will own defining the product strategies for emerging products. The successful marketing executive search candidate will be able to deep-dive into technology and business aspects. S/he will ideally have both a strong background in product management and planning, combined with strong business acumen, allowing the candidate to provide deep analysis on new technologies and architectures while simultaneously judging the market potential of those emerging products and solutions. The ability to work cross functionally with other organizations in engineering, manufacturing, and operations is critical. Candidates should have a proven track record defining complex and cross-functional products and product strategies.
- To build and develop a world-class, diverse, product management team & manage a team of Product managers and collectively translate market/customer requirements to define “WHAT” needs to be done and “WHY” across industries and geographies
- Ensure understanding of market direction, emerging customer needs, features, and functional requirements from which the product and engineering teams can design and implement new offerings
- Collaborate with product and development teams in the application groups to develop and evolve support for key industry/vertical needs
- Understand similar offerings in the market and formulate a strategy around how to address common business challenges with creative and disruptive solutions
- Partner closely with the engineering & operations team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as execution schedule
- Provide market/customer context to the product engineering team
- Develop customer evaluation programs and prepare customer messaging for product issues when necessary in areas of ownership
- Support any marketing proposal/decision with comprehensive business rationale
- Directly interact with customers to understand their requirements
- Conduct market and customer research to shape future direction, develop product and solution concepts, and present recommendations to senior management
- Own & drive P&L for the product line; Ability to drive differentiated pricing and commercial proposals to win in the market
- Responsible for 1-3 year strategy creation, owning investment plans and executing to plan
- Deliver results through matrixed organization across tech, marketing, operations, sales and finance
- 10+ years of experience of Product Management either in hardware or software
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred
- Should have experience of managing a team of Product managers for 5-6 years including managing remote employees
- Experience in Product lifecycle management is required; Market and P&L orientation critical
- Built multi-year portfolio strategies, investment plans and driven product organization
- Supply chain / warehouse management software/technology domain understanding and experience
- Experience in managing and launching SaaS offerings in a competitive space
- Delivered complex B2B business workflow software over multiple releases
- Strong business/financial acumen, excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong communication, execution, quantitative skills combined with creativity and negotiation abilities
- Should have exposure working with products serving global markets and with teams geographically dispersed
This is a full-time direct hire.