MarketPro has partnered with one of the top non-profit organizations in North America. With over 100 years of history, this organization has continued to save lives and help address one of the most prevalent issues that affect millions of families every year- lung disease.
This partnership has been formed to hire their new National Senior Vice President for Human Resources based in Chicago. In this newly created executive search role the SVP will be responsible for helping us achieve our goal of bringing the best people together around the mission of our organization. Working as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the SVP, HR will join a dynamic group of passionate professionals dedicated to the mission of saving lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
The National Senior Vice President is responsible to help us achieve our goal of bringing the best people together around the mission of our organization. Our people are one of our most vital components, so we’re looking for someone to lead the entirety of the HR function including recruiting, compensation, benefits, operations, diversity & inclusion, and learning & development. The SVP will use the experience, passion for, and knowledge of human resources to further improve the People and Talent functions. The SVP will serve as true business partner to the CEO and senior leadership team, deeply understanding the business.
- Focus on creating the best possible employee experience for company workforce
- Support retention by continuing to make our brand an amazing place to work and achieve personal fulfillment while working to achieve the organization’s mission
- Develop and oversee programs to drive employee engagement and satisfaction
- Deliver fundamental HR functions to our employees with a service philosophy of continuous improvement and innovation
- Lead an operationally strong human resources team with scalable systems, processes and analytics to measure and constantly improve company’s people experience.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues
- Spearhead the development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures consistent with Federal and State laws
- Oversee periodic updates of the HR Policies Manual
- Interpret and provide management advisement on policies or regulations and their role in providing both fair treatment for all employees and protection against employment practices and other legal exposure for the association.
- Interface with legal counsel, actuaries, brokers and insurers to minimize the legal and financial exposure
- Direct review of employment practices and draft contracts/agreements
- Develop analyses and recommendations for senior management
- Coordinate with legal counsel and insurance brokers to ensure effective response to legal actions and insurance claims resolution
- Oversee workplace investigations and represent the organization at hearings
- Perform any other duties and leadership responsibilities deemed necessary by CEO
Thought Leadership and Coaching:
- Act as a positive change agent to introduce a more growth focused culture into the organization
- Provide strategic approaches to balancing national and local human capital needs
- Assist managers at all levels to excel in managing geographically dispersed teams
- Work effectively, transparently and in a partner-like fashion to advise, coach and influence the executive leadership team
- Provide strategic leadership in the implementation of all training for staff development and new employee orientation programs
- Conduct ongoing organizational and employee needs assessments to identify gaps and develop training needed to drive organizational success
- Develop and enhance employee learning and development, including: mentors and leaders, effective communications, compliance, diversity and inclusion
- Oversee the recruitment process by developing staffing strategies and implementing plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility
- Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization
- Develop and implement strategies to support the advancement of diversity and inclusion into the organization’s culture
- Lead in the development of a recruiting and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; and conducting and analyzing exit interviews
- Provide strategic leadership in continuing to build out People team and functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Human Resources/Organizational Development or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience as a People/HR professional
- Strategically inclined, with prior experience as part of an executive team
- Strong foundation across all HR functional areas including; talent planning and management, organizational development, compensation and benefits, compliance/legal policies, learning and development, rewards, engagement, employee relations, etc.
- Ability to translate strategy into plans and effectively drive successful cross-functional initiatives, setting direction, engaging multiple parties, executing outcomes, and communicating to key stakeholders
- Professionalism and experience working to ensure compliance and risk management in a growing business
- Track record building and leading a high-performing, cross-functional team across recruiting, compensation, business partnerships, learning and development, and administration
- Strong business insight and analytical skills; comfortable using metrics to inform and influence decisions.
This is a full-time direct hire.