Are you a brand professional with strong innovation expertise including a track record of success bringing products to market? Are you an intraprenuer who can develop an idea and commercialize those ideas quickly?
MarketPro has partnered with an innovative Fortune 500 consumer brand in Atlanta, GA in search of a Brand Manager, Innovation Discovery. This is a newly created marketing staffing position within a start-up division for this CPG industry leader. The team is nimble yet ambitious; their goal is simple- to swiftly launch a portfolio of products into a completely new category for this brand.
The Brand Manager, Innovation will take a less traditional approach to innovation, thinking outside of the box, speaking with customers, leveraging analytics, creatively sourcing customer problems and commercializing ideas at a rapid pace
Reporting to a Senior Director- Innovation, the successful candidate will use their general management skills and leadership capabilities to play an active role in the development and execution of the overall category and business vision and strategies. As a member of the business team, this position works closely with a wide range of capability partners, including sales, brand building, supply chain, operations, finance, pricing/portfolio strategy and others to deliver against key priorities.
- Scan market landscape to identify key trends and frame opportunity areas
- Engage customers through a variety of tactics including 1×1 interviews, smalls groups, surveys, etc., to intimately understand their pain points, current alternatives/compensating behaviors, and issues with current alternatives
- Frame quantitative studies to size opportunities and substantiate qualitative findings
- Based on insights gained, develop concept solutions and get feedback from consumers
- Design in market experiments on concepts including concept test websites, social media marketing, etc.
- Execute experiments, measure results, and extract key insights
- Communicate findings and frame recommendations on which opportunities to pursue
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 5 years of business, marketing, product management or operations
- Knowledge of innovation frameworks and product development process
- Experience successfully working in cross-functional teams and managing projects
- Experience in the CPG/Retail industry or related fields
- MBA degree highly preferred
- Innovation experience
- Previous experience working with IRI and/or Nielsen syndicated databases
This is a full-time direct hire.