MarketPro has partnered with one of the country’s preeminent national insurance brokerages in search of an SEM Director. Based in Kansas City our Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Director will be a strong leader who is passionate about the ever changing digital media landscape. We are looking for someone who is highly knowledgeable on all digital media outlets including paid search, display, mobile, social, as well as emerging media and new technology platforms to lead our internal SEM team.
This role requires a leader who has managed a large multi-million dollar budget, has experience managing an in-house SEM team, the ability to operate on both strategic and tactical levels, touching all aspects of the search marketing roadmap including keyword management, account structure, ad copy, landing page, and bid optimization.
This marketing executive search position is a potential career changer, with opportunities to work directly with digital powerhouse vendors such as Google and Facebook. The SEM Director will be a thought leader and innovator in the digital marketplace, working with vendors to ensure dominance and leadership in digital marketing best practices and innovation.
This position is responsible for managing a 2-3 person team to execute the day-to-day management of all online Pay-Per-Click (PPC) and digital marketing initiatives; one of the country’s preeminent national insurance brokerages. This includes managing multiple paid search campaigns with annual multimillion dollar budgets across several business divisions. All digital campaigns are dedicated to generating high quality leads for a fast growing team of insurance agents while meeting aggressive marketing performance and ROI goals.
- Lead a 2-3 person team of specialists and digital buyers managing vendor relationships and daily bid management of assigned paid media campaigns and other cost-per-click platforms
- Oversee any external vendor relationships for paid search
- Hold vendors accountable for key performance metrics and pushing for improved performance
- Serve as mentor, trainer, coach and backup for paid media specialists
- Own performance for paid media campaigns
- Hold vendors and specialists accountable for bid management, ad copy testing and geo-targeting strategy best practices
- Ongoing focus on improving paid search performance metrics while maximizing volume and overall opportunity
- Review creative and production to ensure alignment with the strategy and individual business division objectives
- Coordinate, collaborate and own A/B testing efforts including landing pages, forms, ads and websites to maximize form conversion and improve cost per lead
- Continually evaluate and recommend additional digital media platforms and campaigns that could positively impact the overall marketing/lead generation strategy
- Analyze daily and monthly marketing reports generated by the team as well as provide recommendations on strategies to optimize and improve performance
- Participate as a thought-leader by sharing knowledge and best practices with the digital team, leadership and business unit teams
- Build a strong team of SEM experts focused on continual improvement, innovation and excellence
- Create a culture of learning. Ensure best practices are shared among team
- Collaborate with division leaders and others on the marketing team to ensure all marketing initiatives and messaging are consistent and aligned with company and division goals
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related field preferred
- 7-10 years’ overall marketing experience
- 5-7 years’ experience managing PPC and other digital media ROI driven campaigns required
- Experience managing and supervising a tea
- A strong background in search strategy, operations and team development are required for this role
- Managing a subscription model is a plus
- Experience managing or supervising a team preferred
- AdWords and Bing Ads certification preferred
- Experience managing ROI driven campaigns, not just brand or engagement required
- Experience with lead generation and form best practices preferred
- Highly knowledgeable PPC expert in Google Ads/Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook and more
- Experience managing or supervising a small team preferred
- Experienced with online monitoring and tracking tools, including Google Analytics & Adobe
- Proficient with bid management software and other marketing automation systems preferred
- Ability to analyze and understand large sums of data
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to implement changes rapidly that positively impact marketing performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Highly motivated, resourceful and self-directed with the ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to be detailed oriented while seeing trends, themes and macro-impacts
- Strong knowledge base of the overall online and digital marketing realm and best practices
This is a full-time direct hire.