MarketPro has recently partnered with a fast-growing manufacturing brand headquartered in the Greater Detroit Area in search of their next Vice President of Marketing. As a high-tech, on-demand manufacturer, our client primarily serves customers in industries such as aerospace & defense, medical devices, healthcare, electronics, consumer products, and automotive. Notably, this organization has earned a stellar reputation for its proprietary software, systems and processes, which accelerates the manufacturing process saving time and cutting cost significantly for its customers.
As a key member of the Executive Leadership Team reporting to the CEO, the VP of Marketing will be responsible for all marketing and lead generation targeting product developers and engineers in a wide variety of industries. All activities require an eye toward accelerating new customer acquisition, retention, revenue goals and EBITDA expansion. In this marketing executive search role, the VP of Marketing will need a “roll up your sleeves” approach. He/she will flex from high level involvement including Board of Directors interaction to hands-on lead generation activities. The ideal executive has a strong bias for action and will lead in an entrepreneurial, resourceful manner while consistently delivering results.
- Create and execute marketing / lead generation initiatives that drive the company’s growth trajectory with new customers and existing customers
- Ability to develop marketing initiatives that reach the target audience of over 75,000 product developers and engineers across a wide variety of industries in the U.S. and Canada
- Lead online marketing initiatives that include pay per click advertising, SEO, and social media
- Coordinate with outside experts and agencies as needed
- Oversee marketing communications including branding, advertising, white papers, trade shows, webinars/seminars and events collateral materials, drip marketing campaigns, digital media and website design and content marketing
- Develop and manage the Marketing Department’s operational budget and projections
- Track monthly marketing KPIs and quality the return on investment (ROI) for marketing initiatives
- Identify new or existing marketing initiatives with a high ROI that can profitability utilize more investment to generate higher new customer growth
- Define and direct a diverse mix of marketing programs to generate net-new customer and existing customer upsell sales opportunities
- Work with SVP of Sales to develop sales training tools/collateral, presentations, sales tools, competitive analysis and general sales support
- Produce marketing collateral, webinars/seminars, videos and guides to demonstrate brand’s service offerings to both industry specific audiences and broad general audiences
- Articulate and promote the Company’s value proposition and competitive positioning and differentiation
- Upgrade the company’s Social Media presence with a focus on brand awareness, lead generation, customer engagement
- Develop a strategy for showcasing value prop and differentiation more broadly in the industry via speaking events, articles, interviews, white papers, etc.
- Identify sales channel partners that can help with lead generation and referrals
- Generate content
- Develop and manage a pipeline of technical content and case studies that support communication on the value proposition of the brand
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- 10 plus years new customer acquisition experience in B2B product or service marketing
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is not necessary
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- A strong focus on lead generation to drive sales
- History of partnering with the sales team to drive growth
- Experience with target marketing to a large audience of individual customers and corporations
- Strong ability to translate technical service features and capabilities into value-based positioning and messaging that is easily understood by all parties
- Sharp critical thinking and analytical skills, strong business acumen and ability to make well informed decisions quickly. Must be able to work collaboratively to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work within a small marketing team of 2-3 individuals
- Experience in marketing automation and sales software applications, such as Marketo and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Significant experience working with business and industry press, media outlets, industry associations
This is a full-time direct hire.