MarketPro has partnered with a top software company in Atlanta that serves many industries that are seeing a shift to servitization, otherwise known as the selling of outcomes opposed to strictly selling products. Manufacturers now must focus and sell “product uptime,” which is the increased performance and many other service-related metrics.
Servitization is forcing OEMs to evolve their (often sub-optimized) after-sales service operations from reactive, break-fix models focused on repair execution, to ones focused on repair prevention and maximizing product uptime.
Fortunately, our client is uniquely positioned to support global OEMs on their journey towards servitization. Across automotive, industrial machinery, high-tech, aerospace and many other industries, sophisticated manufacturers are working to drive after-sales service excellence. Whether these manufacturers are utilizing a traditional model or moving towards servitization, our client is positioned to make manufacturing companies more profitable.
Ultimately, the goal in this marketing executive search is to enable manufacturers to make this shift, therefore we are seeking to hire a product marketing expert with, deep servitization domain expertise.
This high-impact role is responsible for developing a keen understanding of target markets, customer needs, buying behaviors and competitive offerings, all while working with the product team to translate this information into product requirements. Our expert product marketing manager will work closely with the global marketing team to craft highly-relevant and compelling product messaging and introducing better product positioning. This position will require a unique blend of technical, creative, analytical and project management skills.
- Conduct market, competitive and win-loss analysis to gain an in-depth understanding of emerging market trends and opportunities, customer needs and buyer behaviors
- Work closely with our talented product management team to translate market trends and customer needs into product requirements and product roadmap priorities
- Develop clear and compelling product positioning, messaging and value propositions that differentiate our award-winning products from the competition.
- Translate product features and functions into crisp, powerful benefits that resonate with customers and prospects
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales and marketing teams as one of our customer-facing product-based subject matter experts and help develop tools that support the buying process for our products
- Manage the development and execution of new product launch plans across multiple functions
- Become the resident expert on brand’s direct competitors and provide the information and training needed to enable our global sales team to win in competitive deals
- Cultivate relationships with leading industry analysts (Gartner, Forrester, IDC and ARC)
- Contribute to marketing efforts surrounding thought leadership webinars, events, content, and speaking engagements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Engineering, or related field
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in product marketing of SaaS solutions
- Cloud computing experience highly desirable
- Extensive experience developing and executing product launch and announcement plans across multi-functional teams
- Demonstrate strategic thinking with proven ability to execute against tight deadlines and drive multiple projects at once
- Self-motivated, strong communication, project management and organizational skills. Solid business acumen with a keen sense of urgency
- Proven ability to conduct market and competitive analysis to include sizing of target addressable market (TAM)
- Combination of strong analytical and strategic thinking for insight with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Direct experience in software, digital or technology products
- Experience supporting product management or marketing through analysis and project management
This is a full-time direct hire.