MarketPro has partnered with a cutting edge building products leader in the sector in search of their Channel Marketing Manager close to Canton, OH. The Channel Marketing Manager for the professional channel works to ensure that dealer-specific programs are developed and executed to achieve objectives.
The Channel Marketing Manager will also uses their experienced knowledge base and partners with key stakeholders to create programs that drive sales of door products and aligns with the goals of the strategic plan. This marketing executive search role is tightly integrated within the assigned account team and provides project management expertise to ensure that tactical plans are created and managed to execute on-time and on-budget. This leader performs on the cutting edge of the industry’s technology and business practices, helping to define new and more effective ways to engage consumers and sell products through the professional channel.
- Develops promotional plans for assigned channels, works with Sales team to gain approval, and project manages deliverables to ensure on-time and on-budget execution
- Instrumental in synchronization of planning among Marketing, Creative Services and Sales
- Is the resident expert on the range of services that various internal support groups can provide to assigned retailers and develops a support matrix that encompasses the full range of activities, including retailer training, field execution, creative and assets, promotions, customer service, etc.
- Stakeholder in annual planning process
- Responsible for leading and influencing cross-functional teams in support of business objectives and assigned objectives
- Ensures company alignment and enforces timelines on projects to ensure successful and timely execution
- Responsible for sell-through of products through dealer locations. Develops and delivers innovative product-specific recommendations for product placement and promotions. This can run the spectrum from recommended planogram layouts, to exclusive bundle offers, to in-store promotions, merchandising and beyond
- Utilizes business analytics to measure success of programs and make modifications / recommendations for future programs-based performance analysis
- Communicates insights to key decision-makers to help shape the future of the business. A key value of this role will be the expertise developed to know what works for assigned accounts
- Subject matter expert on the opportunities, challenges and processes for assigned accounts
- Establishes and communicates resources specific to assigned accounts for the use of the entire Sales and Marketing organization, including: key dealer contact lists, timelines for specific initiatives, key professional calendar dates such as meetings
- Assists other groups in accomplishing goals in assigned accounts
- Maintains constant awareness of the competitive environment and opportunities
- Brings forward innovative ideas for promoting products, working with Sales Manager and Marketing to develop an annual promotion calendar with each account
- Creates on-going presentation resources for Sales Account Managers to help sell in products and initiatives
- Develops and manages forecast accuracy and means of improvement with Sales Manager and key forecast contact
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales Management, Marketing or Business
- 6+ years of sales/marketing experience in consumer durable goods, preferably in building products or consumer goods
- Knowledge of marketing and sales organizations with multiple channels of distribution
- Channel partner development and marketing planning with experience developing product plans, competitive analysis, pricing strategy, customer planning and overall account strategy
- Knowledge of processes related to brand marketing, market research, sales training and field communications – in coordination with marketing team
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills – for internal groups, as well as sales organization and channel partner
- Solid merchandising sense and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to change; ability to go the extra mile to bring success to and the channel partner
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Well-planned, eye for detail; strong time management skills; action and results-oriented
- Work effectively without supervision or, in many cases, with cross-functional departments during the planning process for line reviews and new product presentations
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Ability to manage relationships with channel partner
- Computer literate in MS Office software; advanced skills working with computer programs in creating power point and excel documents
This is a full-time direct hire.