MarketPro has partnered with one of the largest manufacturers of home goods in the US in search of a Vice President of Marketing. For over 3 decades, this brand has pioneered custom designs that have strengthened operations and brands around the world. Quality paired with design aesthetic has led to consistent YoY growth.
Our client is well positioned for faster than average growth over the next five years. In this marketing executive search they are in search of a Vice President of Marketing to secure that growth. They have both the operational, and R&D ability to develop ingenious new products internally, and the financial strength to make strategic investments. Progress is planned both through faster than average organic growth of the existing business, as well a number of targeted M&A investments to enter new categories.
The VP Marketing will serve as member of the Executive Management Team in Houston and will be expected to leverage our marketing investments into organizational growth. We are looking for a leader who has the vision of a brand marketer and the detail and analytical approach of a modern performance based marketer. Most importantly we are looking for someone who is always evolving as a professional and is ahead of the pace of change in marketing.
- Develop and implement a cohesive strategic marketing plan to increase brand awareness, customer reach and support the organizations sales and marketing strategy and initiatives.
- Develop KPI’s and set current and long-term goals for internal teams aligned with objectives and priorities
- Working closely with the CEO, to decide if we build, partner or buy necessary marketing technology to keep us ahead of our competition. Tools include but are not limited to, analytics, data management, CRM and business intelligence
- Collaborate with senior leadership, the marketing team, and internal/external resources, to help drive innovative new ideas, new service offerings, etc., that enhance the customer experience, reinforce our strong brand, and keep the brand fresh and competitive
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team, external marketing partners, the marketing team, and others, to continually develop, differentiate, reinforce and spread brand equity across all critical and relevant customer and professional touch-points
- Serve as the company’s brand steward, ensuring consistency and passionate commitment to the brand
- Develop, coordinate and review the marketing department’s budget and effectively oversee the execution of the budget with the team
- Oversee the development and monitor all marketing campaigns for effectiveness and make changes as needed
- Insure a marketing calendar and communication with sales and customers is customized for customer persona and reach, while being timely, comprehensive and effective with all sales initiatives and needs
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly
- Prepare reporting and presentations on marketing initiatives, status and metrics for the CEO and exec team
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth and track competitor’s activities
- Co-lead with sales leadership the identification of customer opportunities, customer needs for growth and brand strategies to support revenue targets
- Utilize and insure a current and comprehensive customer database and ERP system
- Support the development of training materials for the organization and insuring they are current, effective and transferable for all areas of the business
- Provide guidance and creative ideas to organize effective marketing events and trade show
- Create an effective team while forecasting hiring, development and overall needs of the Marketing department
- Participate in the strategic planning, budgeting, quarterly and annual planning of the company’s objectives
- Bachelor degree required; MBA a plus
- 12+ years of marketing experience with recent and significant experience in a marketing leadership
- Minimum 5+ years in a senior leadership role leading marketing for a foodservice, china, dinnerware and/or glass/ceramics company
- Well-rounded B2B marketing experience with extensive experience driving customer acquisition, demand generation strategy, marketing communications strategy and much more
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in B2B marketing, digital marketing and global lead generation, with a heavy emphasis on new customer acquisition, measurement and analytics
- Proven track record of success of driving the overall success of a marketing organization
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful demand generation programs in a high growth company environment
- Strong P&L management and revenue growth experience
- Good general management insight and judgment
- Nimble in an SMB environment with the ability to juggle multiple projects effectively, with both time management and priority project delivery skills
- Cross functional team leadership, and key project management skills
- Experience in both direct and indirect sales channels
- Quantitative, data-driven mindset, with pragmatic analysis and complex problem-solving skills
This is a full-time direct hire.