MarketPro has partnered with a leading global consumer goods brand in a marketing executive search for their next Senior Director, of Global Marketing. Based out of St. Louis, our client has been a staple in households around the world for over 100 years. Throughout its history, our client has continued to innovate and create new products that meet the ever-changing needs of today’s consumers.
As a key member of the Marketing Leadership Team, he/she will be driving results for the largest categories in the organization. Overall, the Senior Director will be charged with increasing ROI long-term through effective leadership. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, he/she will help maintain the organization’s number one position with a clear corporate strategy, thought leadership, branding, intercontinental marketing plans, and more.
- Provides strategic oversight to Global Segment Leaders on the development of global segment strategies and cycle plans in line with company priorities
- Serves as point person to continue the development of the Global Segment Team, including identifying purpose, roles, responsibilities, organizational teams, meetings and processes
- Leads a team of six colleagues, including Directors, Senior Managers and Brand Managers, and influences direction for the largest categories within Global Marketing and through the organization
- Leads Segment teams in the development of the Segment Plans (Business Plan and Marketing Plan) that engage our colleagues and customers creating a competitive advantage
- Directs and oversees development of Annual Marketing Plan for the main categories – Collaborates closely with global counterparts to ensure a holistic segment business plan is deployed to the organization
- Collaborates and engages with Executive Team on key issues and hurdles to avoid negative impact on business performance and company goals
- Proactively identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of the Global Segment Team to drive efficiency and scale across the organization
- Leads Global Segment Review (GSR) monthly meeting on business performance to Executive Leadership
- Involved in all M&A related to categories
- May also perform additional duties as assigned
- 4 year college degree (Marketing / Business Administration); MBA preferred
- CPG background working across global brands
- Min. of 10 years (CPG preferred) business experience with at least 5 years senior level marketing experience on global brands
- Min. 10 years of marketing experience including brand development, strategy, planning, 4P (pricing strategy, distribution, product and visibility) development and execution including new product development
- Min. of 10 years’ experience in influencing all levels of a global organization
- Strong understanding of Consumer Insights and Research
- Agency Management – Experience leading an RFP process, agency assessment, evaluations and ongoing agency management
- Diverse international experience
- Outstanding coaching and people leadership capabilities
- Understanding of modern and traditional trade channels
This is a full-time direct hire.