MarketPro has partnered with a premier leader in the education sector in Arlington, TX to hire their Marketing & Communications Director. In this role you will be responsible for defining & executing the digital strategy, brand story and solution messaging with oversight for Content, Website, Solution Marketing and Messaging to drive revenue growth for the company.
The Executive Director’s role is to provide strategic leadership in developing, achieving and maintaining the District’s internal and external communication goals and objectives through proactive planning and creative tactics that create a positive work environment and foster student achievement. The Director will lead a team of high energy, solutions oriented communications professionals who bring their expertise to bear on the District’s most complex communication challenges.
The ideal candidate for this marketing executive search will be a seasoned leader with superb written and verbal communication skills including interpersonal, intercultural and public speaking expertise and will have a proven track record of driving and measuring stakeholder engagement. He/She and the communications team will actively support schools and departments, providing communications/public relations training, counsel and advice and they will be responsible for all aspects of the District’s Strategic Communications Plan.
- Crises Communication; forecasting potential issues that impacts the brand
- Provide communications advice and counsel to the superintendent and leadership team
- Strategic Planning identification of key internal and external audiences
- Direct staff and external consultants in the implementation and enhancement of a multi-channel comprehensive approach to marketing and communications
- Serve on the District’s senior leadership team, offering expertise in community relations, media relations, social media, web design and development, event planning, video production and multilingual tactics that effectively promote the district and its services
- Digital Media – highly engaging videos and podcasts to interactive platforms for both internal and external audiences
- Actively and effectively use social media to spread positive stories about the District (including individual teachers, principals and students to inform all audiences about the good things happening in classrooms)
- Public Relations efforts; cultivate strong relationships with local media and the education press in Texas and the U.S. in order to tell the District’s story in a compelling and credible way
- Serves as an official spokesperson for the District, actively pitch stories to the media and provide media relations training to other team members as needed
- Provide strategic leadership on critical district projects and initiatives to support the superintendent and leadership team and to ensure stakeholder engagement
- Assist in the planning of all District meetings and events including meetings of the Board of Trustees, district-wide events such as convocation, school based activities and celebrations and key community meetings and events to gather and disseminate information about the district
- Serve as the school district liaison with various civic groups across the community and provide assistance and timely information to newcomers, citizens and parents about the District, its successes and strategic priorities
- Internal Communication and Engagement; develop a comprehensive engagement strategy for all internal audiences with the goal of fostering a culture of trust and transparency
- Create a “hear it here” first mentality through the implementation of tactics that enable District employees at all levels to receive information about critical initiatives and events before they are made public or released to the media
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or English.
- Master’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or English preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience in leading marketing and communication functions or media teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design and photography
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Familiarity with the Texas Open Records Act and FERPA
- Demonstrated leadership skills; experience in coaching and developing others
- Superior public speaking ability
- Proven public relations and communications planning and evaluation skills
- Demonstrated proofreading and editing skills – must be proficient in AP style
- Demonstrated skill in special events planning, coordination and evaluation
- Demonstrated skill in social networking programs and software
This is a full-time direct hire.