MarketPro has partnered with a fast growing software brand to hire their new Channel Director in Chicago, IL. Our client is an industry leading Relationship Data Science and CRM Automation platform that automates almost all the work your end users need to perform, resulting in widespread CRM adoption, accurate data and timely intelligence. This privately held, nimble organization has a strong market position and is dedicated to empowering the world’s leading brands to realize greater value and return on CRM investment while using machine learning, artificial intelligence, and predictive analytics to drive more revenue and retain more clients.
The Channel Director contributes to growth by building, planning and executing the strategy of a secondary sales channel with the company and our partners. The successful candidate in this marketing executive search will work closely with sales, product, and marketing and will be tasked with building a successful channel of partners servicing professional services, technology, telecommunications and financial services organizations.
An ideal candidate will bring at least 5-10 years of channel experience with SaaS enterprise technologies and be a self-starter who can work collaboratively with the broader sales organization to drive deals and expand our market presence and reach. Ideal backgrounds would include experience in the CRM, marketing automation, sales enablement or ERP ecosystems.
- Work closely with Product and Sales team to build a market development plan for the North American market
- Work closely with EMEA Channel Director to ensure alignment between regions and maintain a global channel strategy
- Close, maintain and expand partner relationship with product solution and sales channel partners
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts
- Proactively lead a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, product solution plans, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Sell through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources
- Manage potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement
- Lead solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel
- Ensure partner compliance with partner agreements
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners
- Proactively and strategically recruits new qualifying partners
- Create contracts, negotiating terms and conditions, and working relationships for partners consistent with the guidelines of the product
- Evangelize our joint solution to partners, market and customers
- Be part of a highly passionate and engaged team and contribute ideas and collaborate to meet the company’s targets
- Proven success in achieving partner relationship and growing business
- University degree or work experience equivalence
- 5-10 years of related partner management and/or sales experience in enterprise software
- Knowledge and proven experience in selling productivity software to professional services firms, technology companies and financial institutions would be considered an asset
- Extensive experience with solution selling
- Positive attitude with a professional approach
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and customer-facing)
- Thrive on hunting for new business and closing deals
This is a full-time direct hire.