MarketPro has teamed up with an industry leading company in Toledo, OH to locate their next Product Director to lead a fast growing segment of their business. Our client is a Fortune 500 company with an entrepreneurial spirit. This global organization’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise to develop products and systems that are market leaders.
As the Commercial Segment Product Director, you will lead the development and execution of a market-back growth strategy in the commercial buildings segment. Reporting to the Product Director, this marketing executive search role will influence the organization across all functions in order to drive breakthrough growth. He/She will lead the Product Management teams for each new product line serving the commercial segment. The scope of this role includes, but is not limited to, market-back insights and strategy, channel management, marketing communications strategy, new product development, pricing strategy, and product management.
The Commercial Segment Product Director will lead strategy development and enable execution of a Commercial market strategy that increases our specification position and drives revenue growth.
- Strategic guidance to Sales in opportunity identification, leveraging Market Insights analytics
- Drive alignment and focused allocation of resources across Insights, Product Marketing, Channel Marketing, Sales, Pricing, Supply Chain, and R&D to ensure effective strategy execution leading to market share and category growth
- Lead product management teams to provide market-back insights and analysis to facilitate strategic channel recommendations, product portfolio optimization, and new solution development
- Integrate new products into the North American commercial product portfolio, and develop a new, high-growth potential business model
- Recommend a portfolio of building enclosure systems/solutions and go-to-market strategies for adoption
- Prospect and develop new potential customers by identifying opportunities, establishing key contacts, and building business relationships
- Vision, inspiration, and direction to product, S&T, and Insights teams to provide market-back ideation, evaluation, and action to launch a differentiated Interior Solutions portfolio
- Partner with Market Insights to develop and execute Test-and-Learn experiments to rapidly ideate, evaluate, and execute upon strategy hypotheses
- Identify emerging trends, situation analysis and key issues for the business
- Provide strategic leadership for the development and execution of an innovation pipeline, including new product introductions and solutions that enable our customers to win in the marketplace
- Developing a broad and deep understanding of our direct and indirect competitors and ensure brand has a differentiated value proposition
- Recommend, as appropriate, inorganic growth opportunities aligned with the Insulation business strategy
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus
- 10+ years of Brand/Product Management or Sales Leadership experience with a commercial segment-facing building materials organization
- P&L management experience
- Proven ability to influence sales organizations to act and achieve goals
- Experience with segmentation and defining strategic brand/product targets
- Collaboration with top customers to develop mutually beneficial growth plans
- Gaining customer, market and competitive insight
- Development of successful internal and external relationships (including with, research & development, operations, finance, sales and external suppliers is highly desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations to senior leadership and large, diverse audiences
This is a full-time direct hire.