Our client is an industry leading company achieving consistent double digit year over year growth. This 80 year-old Triad NC based enterprise is rich in history yet continues to be laser-focused on growth and expansion. The company’s culture is one that puts its employees first. A sense of pride, spirit of innovation and integrity permeates throughout the organization.
We are engaged in a marketing executive search for their next great hire as Chief Marketing Officer. We are seeking a dynamic marketing executive who is passionate about guiding and leading a team, someone who will align marketing with the organization’s business objectives and build strong, valuable relationships across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success developing and successfully implementing an integrated marketing strategy that institutes all the modern marketing best practices. Additionally, he/she will be a Level 5 leader who has consistently guided marketing departments to success, driving growth and meet overall business objectives.
The Chief Marketing Officer is an integral member of the Executive Management Team and is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing marketing strategies which included but are not limited to: brand campaign strategy, media engagement, public relations, social media, sports marketing and external communication.
This individual will be seen as the brand ambassador and will also be responsible for achieving marketing targets with respect to brand recognition, familiarity and equity. The vice president of marketing will also interact closely other department leadership such as Sales, Human Resources, Operations, Finance, Maintenance, etc. to deliver required materials and assets.
The position is responsible for hiring, educating and directing the day-to-day activities of the marketing staff and multi-media team. The CMO is also responsible for managing the relationships of supporting agency partners engaged to deliver the execution of the company’s brand strategy.
- Serve as CMO of the company, providing leadership in the area of marketing strategy
- Provide leadership to the marketing and multi-media teams, encouraging professional growth, education, execution and empowerment to achieve their respective departmental responsibilities
- Assess team members and evaluate capabilities to provide the needed marketing skillsets and tactical disciplines necessary to carry out the overarching marketing strategies
- Develop and execute a cohesive and fully integrated annual marketing plan which supports the strategic direction of the organization and includes but is not limited to: advertising, media engagement, public relations, social media plan, SEO web analytics, MDM, CRM, sports marketing (MLB and selected teams), etc. as well as those strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve the strategic goals associated with each area
- Overseeing and provide direction to market research studies and competitor analysis
- Create an institutional and system-wide marketing reporting function that can track, measure and analyze the performance of each element of the marketing plan
- Ensure all marketing communications are coordinated and support the strategic marketing plan
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage media relationships either as the primary contact or in a supporting role to any other employee who may be required to interact with the media
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and supporting material as needed
- Deliver marketing plan in a fiscally responsible manner and within the budgetary guidelines set forth by senior management
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to strategically architect a department and develop team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic mindset with ability to make difficult decisions
- Fundamental understanding of the interworking elements of advertising agencies, PR firms and other supporting agencies
- Well versed in SEO, web analytics and digital marketing strategies and tactics
- Strong foundational understanding of MDM and CRM tools and strategies
- Strong analytic and project management skills
- Basic understanding of financial and budgetary processes including department budgets and P&L statements
- BS Degree in Marketing, Communications or relevant field
- MBA with concentration in Marketing and Strategy preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 5 years leading Marketing teams at the executive level
- Minimum of 15 years proven work experience in marketing with demonstrable experience in designing, implementing and executing successful marketing, public relations, social media and communications campaigns
This is a full-time direct hire.