MarketPro has partnered with one of the fastest growing nonprofit providers of online education in the nation on an marketing executive search. They’re seeking an experienced DRTV leader to play a central role in lead generation. This is a visible and critical position. The right candidate will guide a small team, collaborate with the internal creative team and external media buying agency to strategically drive continual improvement in DRTV.
The Director is responsible for all aspects of customer acquisition via DRTV channels. This role is responsible for providing reports, analysis and insights on all DRTV activities and developing and implementing detailed plans to increase revenue growth.
The right candidate for this role will be a DRTV expert within the greater Boston, MA area from strategic, leadership and tactical level. Will be an innovative thinker at the forefront of the changes going on in DRTV. To be qualified you will need to have a deep understanding of key success drivers, offers, creative, segmentation, media strategies and a high level of data literacy.
The job to be done: Increase leads, decrease cost per lead and cost per enroll though DRTV, without increasing the overall budget – in a considered B2C purchase.
- Leading the creation/execution of strategic performance TV plans including right target audience, networks (DRTV, national cable, remnant, local), geographies, test plans, with best practices
- Test and validate OTT, VOD and other channels as direct response channels, in partnership with the digital performance team
- Managerial oversight – from start to finish – for the online business’ DRTV media agency partner relationship from sourcing to engagement, to planning and execution, insights development, recommendations to billing and budgets – ensure quality of their service delivery and achievement of budgetary goals
- Managerial oversight for the online business’ DRTV campaigns through the phases of planning, execution, insights development and recommendations
- Managerial oversight for the online business’ DRTV workflow, including acting as the voice of the client during the internal creative process
- Developing and maintaining positive and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, especially digital performance marketing and Data & Analytics team on media mix modeling and internal Admissions and Advising teams (sales and customer service)
- Oversee the budgets, and direct the media strategies for each channel (broadcast, radio, satellite), to achieve our lead generation goals
- Implement brand standards for new styles and campaigns
- Understand and be able to audit technical systems including web traffic and lead flow to ensure maximum efficiency of lead goals
- Maintain a maniacal focus on the target audience
- Collaborate with digital performance marketing, data/analytics, product marketing teams and CMO to ensure best total approach to market
- Managing and developing member of internal team
- Looking for an analytical and ROI driven marketer
- Able to build an annual business plan, adjust quarterly based on context and deliver on annual goals
- Someone who doesn’t run the regression analysis yet is able to ask the data scientist “what about,” “why not,” and “did you consider” or is able to articulate, “that doesn’t seem right, because…”
- Proven experience in building and growing leads, utilizing data to inform decision making
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, hands-on approach to developing and managing a team, as well as working alongside them to get things done with positive, people-first attitude
- Experience managing media mix modeling and data attribution to drive higher ROI
- The ability to switch between thinking about the big picture and granular details with ease
- The strategic acumen and intellectual creativity to develop big ideas that are executable
- DRTV expert with 8+ years of experience of progressive leadership in strategic marketing with expertise in multi-channel lead generation and direct marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing and/or related field, MBA preferred
- Proven experience “winning,” including translating marketing plans into strategy, goals, execution and results
- Well-developed strategic planning and leadership skills
- “Hands-on” forecasting, managing variations and adjusting mid-course to deliver plan
- Managing agency and vendor partner relationships
- Continuous Improvement – ability to drive improvement in the process by working with and managing other organizations including, agencies and marketing teams
- Strong data/analytical focus
- An excellent balance of strategic and creative vision, customer insight and analytic skills to ensure all communications are relevant
- Ability to influence and inspire cross functional teams across all levels of the organization
- Deep understanding of existing and emerging marketing technologies and best practices
- Comfort in working with ambiguity, matrixed organizations requiring interoperability among business units
This is a full-time direct hire.