Are you an innovation leader with a track record of success bringing products to market?
Are you an intraprenuer who can develop an idea and commercialize those ideas quickly?
MarketPro has partnered with an innovative Fortune 500 consumer brand in Atlanta, GA in search of a Director of Innovation Strategy & Product Development. This is a newly created position within a start-up division for this industry leader. The team is nimble yet ambitious; their goal is simple- to swiftly launch a portfolio of products into a completely new category for this brand.
In this marketing executive search, the Director will leverage the white space approach to innovation, thinking outside of the box and commercializing ideas at a rapid pace. Additionally, he/she will deliver a long term growth that develops and leverages innovation as a core capability to support category expansion.
• Develop and commercialize experiments in support of existing opportunity areas
• P&L development and responsibility for experiments and new initiatives
• Develop pipeline and strategies for new opportunity areas
• Develop point of view on new or emerging category and consumer trends
• Leverage insights to shape innovation development and commercialization
• Understand and leverage external industry innovation models and networks
• Locate and form relationships with external sourcing partners
• Leverage technology to support innovation platforms
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• 5-10+ years of CPG experience or innovation experience in unrelated field
• Knowledge of innovation frameworks and product development process
• Demonstrated ability to commercialize experiments and product launches
• History of experimenting and launching products into the marketplace
• Knowledge of retail home cleaning chemical category
• Proven capability to seek opportunities and capture value
• Ability to develop P&Ls quickly to determine project viability
• Demonstrated ability to work as independent entrepreneur leveraging resources as required to advance agenda
• Innovation Experience
• Retail Cleaning Category experience
• Knowledge of basic innovation experimentation models
• Understands multiple CPG retail channels of trade
This is a full-time direct hire.