This is an opportunity to make ordinary packaging design EXTRAORDINARY.
Our client is a Fortune 500 Consumer Goods Brand in Atlanta with a unique culture- transparent, flexible, high on integrity and laser-focused on innovation. This is an opportunity to work with a world-class brand leveraging your design skills to take them to the next level as they see innovation being a key proponent of future growth.
The Packaging Design Manager will support the design and packaging vision for one of the largest categories. This marketing executive search role will be responsible for directing and defining key design and packaging activities for the category to win with consumers at shelf. This position requires creative project management experience and the ability to effectively collaborate with key internal teams including, Marketing, Customer Planning, Project Management, Print Production, Packaging Engineering, Sourcing as well as in-house design, creative and production staff. In addition, he/she will contribute to driving the vision and direction of the Design & Packaging organization and reports to the Senior Director, Design & Packaging Innovation.
• Supports the defines the design vision with the category marketing team and participates in the development of the business strategy from a design perspective
• Leads and stewards brand architecture and product portfolio strategies with the category brand building leader
• Leads design resources (internal/external) in the development of primary and secondary packaging to establish a winning retail shelf presence for the category and responsible brands
• Co-authors design briefs and effectively manages interactions with our business leaders, marketing, consumer research teams, and key stakeholders to understand project scope, deliverables, and timing milestones
• Leads agency selection process and resource allocation and may serve as lead contact, where appropriate
• Leads packaging creative reviews and develop recommendations based on agreed upon creative strategy and design brief
• Demonstrates an ability to strategically connect consumer insights, cultural and market trends and business needs to deliver breakthrough design strategies for the business
• Observes design, aesthetic and color trends in the marketplace among competition on a regular basis and outlines implications for the business.
• Collaborates with marketing, project management, packaging engineering, print production, legal and other functions through the design and packaging development lifecycle.
• Identifies cost saving and waste elimination opportunities with an eye towards continual improvement and value creation
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or relevant field, such as Visual Communication.
• At least 10 years of experience in leading design and packaging programs within the CPG industry
• At least 5 years’ design management experience within a multidisciplinary design & packaging team
• Advanced knowledge of brand identity, brand architecture, packaging design, shelf merchandising and iconic design principles
• Industrial design and product development experience, a plus
This is a full-time direct hire.