MarketPro has partnered with an innovative Fortune 500 consumer brand in Atlanta, GA that’s redefining customer experience with everyday products in search of their next Innovation Leader.
The Senior Director of Product Innovation will lead and develop new areas of value creation for some our client’s legendary products by creating new products that extend the current product category and extend the products into underserved markets. The ideal candidate for this marketing executive search will have strong consumer insights, market intelligence and analytics experience coupled with a proven track record of success creating new opportunities in competitive categories. The Senior Director of Product Innovation will report directly to the SVP of Consumer Goods.
• Develop/identify new areas of value creation for category, while redefining customer experience
• Lead team with 2-3 direct reports. Additional resources will be added as innovation pipeline develops/progresses
• Synthesis of key consumer and market trends and its implications
• Identify areas of potential opportunity for the business
• Focus on understanding and projecting medium/long term macro/microtrends and its implications to people’s habits, needs and experiences
• Development of several opportunities and experiments to create innovation pipeline
• Lead execution of research, experiments and market tests to test key hypothesis, for chosen opportunities, eventually leading to new revenue streams
• Commercializing ideas into sustaining businesses/products/brands
Key Role Requirements:
• Education: MBA Required
• 12-15 years of classical brand marketing with substantial consumer insight, innovation and new product experience
• Strong entrepreneurial thinking/spirit with ability to build knowledge in new areas
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated and naturally inquisitive
• Critical thinking (ability to connect the dots) and ability to apply judgment; creative and expansive in thinking
• Ability to frame up ideas economically
• Ability to handle abstract while continuing to move forward; innate business judgment
This is a full-time direct hire.