National recruiting firm, MarketPro has partnered with a leading senior living hospitality brand whose mission is to enrich the lives of those they serve with compassion and integrity. In this marketing executive search we are hiring a Director of Sales to join this #1 market leader who has grown at record speed over the past few years. Our client is heavily investing in marketing as they are committed to the goal of becoming a national marketing powerhouse! This role will be based at one of our satellite office locations in Seminole, Florida just outside of Tampa Bay.
Maintains and/or improves upon the occupancy level and revenue production of the community in accordance with the marketing and business plans to include completing sales calls and closing sales. Develops and maintains relationships with and generates leads through residents, family, and professional referral sources. Plans, coordinates, and implements monthly prospect and/or referral source activities and events. Partners with Regional Sales management to develop and execute marketing plans and achieve community occupancy goals. Supervises the activities of at least two Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Marketing Coordinator(s) and/or Sales Counselor(s) to achieve the desired results of the community marketing and business plans.
• Maintains and/or improves upon the occupancy level of the community in accordance with the marketing and business plans of the community.
• Closes sales by assisting prospective residents, their family members, and/or advisors in the decision- making process by understanding their needs and educating them about how services and programs can meet their needs. Responds promptly to every telephone call or in-person inquiry from all referral sources, prospective residents, and families. Provides appropriate community and company information to anyone who inquires.
• Utilizes sales processes, systems, and forms for external and internal sales to perform job duties, track information, compile data and reports, and achieve desired community occupancy goals.
• Completes outside Business Development sales calls to meet or exceed the established goals for professional leads per week as set by the community marketing plan with Regional Sales management guidance. Contact sources include legal and financial professionals, senior organizations, appropriate special interest groups, hospital discharge planners, skilled nursing facilities, retirement communities, clergy, medical insurance providers, and other local community contacts.
• Develops and maintains relationships with and generates leads through residents, family, and professional referral sources on a weekly basis. Provides information and conducts presentations about services and programs, market advantages, availability, and other relevant information to meet the needs of prospective referral sources and community groups.
• Plans, coordinates, and implements monthly prospect and/or referral source activities and events as specified by the community marketing plan, Executive Director, and Regional Sales management. Follows up and executes sales processes with all leads from events.
• Partners with Regional Sales management to develop and execute marketing plans and achieve community occupancy goals. Researches and provides recommendations for content and delivery of brochures, flyers, press releases and other forms of media that promote the community services. Adheres to procedures in the development of advertising materials by working with Creative Services group.
• Monitors conversion ratios regarding Business Development calls to direct referrals, prospect calls, and tours and collects and analyzes data to prepare weekly and monthly reports. Provides frequent sales performance issue information to Regional Sales management.
• Maintains working knowledge of the lead management system and uses system to maximize sales effectiveness.
• Supervises the activities of at least two FTEs, Marketing Coordinator(s) and/or Sales Counselor(s), to achieve the desired results of the community marketing and business plans.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education is required.
• 5+ years sales experience, preferably in the retirement industry or medical or pharmaceutical sales, with a proven track record of generating and closing a high percentage of qualified leads is required.
Knowledge and Skills
• Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
• Knowledge of sales and marketing to include principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations to include applicable processes for the product line(s) being sold.
• Knowledge of state regulations impacting or directing the delivery of services is required.
• Previous experience with contact management database, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is preferred.
This is a full-time direct hire.