MarketPro is partnering with a global Fortune 500 company based in Toledo, OH to find their Sr Consumer Product Manager. As a market leader in the building materials space our client develops and produces insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites for both commercial and residential customers around the globe. With over 78 years in the business, this brand has deep expertise to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in both commercial and residential markets.
The Senior Consumer Product Manager will have overall responsibility to lead the development and commercialization of a multi-million dollar category. This marketing executive search will deliver an individual that exhibits thought-leadership and initiative to proactively identify and move forward market growth opportunities. The Senior Product Leader will focus on transforming our product line offering to become the preferred choice for customers. In addition, this person will be the brand portfolio steward for the company brand, as well as our portfolio of house and hero brands. Through keen insight, marketplace intelligence and rigorous brand management, the Brand Manager ensures that our brands have a distinct and relevant meaning that resonates with customers. This individual will work closely with Strategic Marketing, Manufacturing, Sales, Customer Service, Supply Chain, and Finance.
• Product Strategy – Manage specific products throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, conducting Voice of the Customer (VOC) research, defining the product vision, and making sure products meet customer FFU’s
• Championing innovative solutions to market opportunities, and align the cross functional capabilities and the investor community towards pursuit of projects that maximize long term value
• Develop an innovation pipeline (product, packaging, business model or marketing) based on consumer insights (e.g. unmet needs), market trends, business strategies and capabilities
• Brand Strategy – Champion customer-focused marketing initiatives to ensure success of the brand promise; Collaborate with category teams & channel marketing leaders in North America to ensure brand assets & standards are utilized appropriately
• Business Case Analytics – Prepare/present plain language statements of market opportunities that accurately forecast revenue and profitability as well as costs to execute. Work with partner organizations, identify and gather critical data to manage risk. Recommend appropriate courses of action, clearly stating assumptions and risks
• Market Research – The Product & Program Leader will develop a basic understanding of how we create unique value across each specific customer type, and knowledge of key influencers: contractors and builders. The Product & Program Leader will specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to our sales teams, customers and non-customers. In partnership with Corporate Marketing and the Sales organization, the Product & Program Leader will continuously build insights and knowledge of our products in order to provide differential value to our customers and their businesses, and key influencers
• Commercialization – Work with the Marketing team to develop commercialization, pricing, and promotional strategies to effectively launch new and improved products. This includes defining product positioning and messaging to highlight benefits and value to establish a competitive advantage in the market with all customer channels. The Product & Program Leader will lead the communication with Sales and other key stakeholders
• Competitive Analysis – The Product Leader will be recognized as a product knowledge expert for their product segment. The individual will monitor market needs and requirements, taking into account future technologies, codes and standards, competitor products/services and regulatory issues to develop and implement innovative customer solutions for existing and new products
Must have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree is essential, MBA preferred
• 3+ years CPG and/or consumer products and/or durable goods industry experience
• 5+ years of experience in brand management, category management and product marketing leadership in a consumer products organization
• 5+ years successfully executing full product / service management including positioning, pricing strategy, margin management, investments, and channel management
Nice to Haves Include:
• Exposure to/work in the retail channel, highly desired
• Demonstrated quantitative capabilities, including financial, statistical and predictive modeling
• Development of successful relationships with suppliers and co-marketing partners, preferred
• Influencing others effectively and sustainably with and without authority
• Business and financial acumen-Increasing margins through management of mix, cost and price
This is a full-time direct hire.