Do you posses a keen eye for detail?
Are you imaginative, sensitive too trends and possess creativity that will push innovation?
How would you like the opportunity to showcase your skills internationally with a world-class brand?
This is an opportunity to make ordinary packaging design EXTRAORDINARY.
Our client is a Fortune 500 Consumer Goods Brand, located in Atlanta, with a unique culture- transparent, flexible, high on integrity and laser-focused on innovation. This marketing executive search affords the opportunity to work with a world-class brand leveraging your design skills to take them to the next level as they see innovation being a key proponent of future growth.
The Associate Director will lead the overall design and packaging innovation vision for a top consumer category. This business unit includes well-known brands that consumers around world use every day. In addition, this role will contribute to the overall vision and direction of the Design organization and reports directly to the Senior Director, Design & Packaging Innovation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong hold on today’s packaging trends, cutting edge design skills and technical packaging expertise.
- Sets the overall design vision for the various consumer category and participates in the development of the business strategy from a design perspective
- Ability to connect consumer insights, cultural and market trends to deliver breakthrough design strategies for the business to drive brand architecture and portfolio strategies.
- Lead design resources (internal/external) in the development of primary and secondary packaging to establish a winning retail shelf presence for the category and respective brands.
- Lead agency selection process and resource allocation and may serve as lead contact, where appropriate
- Coach direct reports and business team in managing design throughout the concept development process
- Expert knowledge of surface and product design graphics and its ability to drive consumer preference
- Ability to teach advanced creative evaluation principles from a design and brand building standpoint
- Lead packaging creative reviews and develop recommendations based on agreed creative strategy and design briefs
- Advanced knowledge of packaging and surface design research techniques to drive insightful design solutions
- Provide design thought leadership, counsel and/or support across all consumer touch points to include packaging, advertising (web, print, TV), digital, FSI’s, coupons, in-store and collateral materials.
- Ability to leverage current (flexographic, offset) and future printing technologies on various substrates and package materials
- Promotes a work environment that fosters design thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking consistent
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or Product Design.
- At least 10 years of experience in developing design and packaging strategies within the consumer products industry
- At least 5 years of design leadership and management experience within the consumer products industry
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary design & packaging team
- Demonstrated experience with consumer brands that actively leverage fashion, lifestyle, and home décor trends
- Industrial design and packaging development experience
- Knowledge of brand identity, packaging design, and shelf merchandising
This is a full-time direct hire.