A modern marketer who is a master of inbound marketing, lead generation, digital marketing, and marketing automation?
Want to leave a lasting impression on a brand?
Looking for an opportunity that affords you the option to work remotely/virtually?
MarketPro has partnered with a leading provider of mobile and desktop application development tools being utilized by over 8,000 customers in 55 countries for a marketing executive search.
Our client has been in business for almost thirty years, with corporate headquarters in Chicago and more than 250 employees across the globe the company is less hierarchical than is typical in the US enterprise. This is a team that likes to win. The company is very results oriented and values the ability to get things done. There is strong collaboration across the organization and high value on respect for employees, customers and partners. Candidates for this role can work on-site in either Chicago or Austin. Remote/virtual work options are available for the right candidate.
We are looking for a modern marketer who is a master of inbound marketing, lead generation, digital marketing, and marketing automation who can take their marketing to the next level.
This is a challenging leadership position where you can apply your strategic and technical software marketing skills to lead a small team to be greater than the sum of their parts. Your ultimate goal is to accelerate our client’s growth trajectory through top marketing strategy and rolling up your sleeves while leading the global team to increase awareness and drive interest in the core products and professional services. The Group VP Marketing is a key member of the management team. The new team member will have responsibility for leading the marketing team and has global responsibility for:
- Demand Generation
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Team Leadership / Mentorship
- Marketing ROI
- Marketing Strategy
- Salesforce Enablement
- Product Marketing
- Digital / Online Marketing
- Branding / Advertising
- Public Relations / Communications (external and internal)
- Marketing Execution
We are looking for someone who has the ability to drive marketing strategy and the willingness to roll-up their sleeves to work with a small global / regional team to get things done. As the marketing team leader, you will play a key role in developing and managing marketing campaigns on a global basis for our product sets and consulting practices.
- Develop a comprehensive multichannel marketing strategy including both cutting-edge digital channels and ROI-driving traditional tactics, focused on long-term sustainable growth. Then jump into the trenches alongside your team and execute that strategy with a hands-on approach.
- Understand the buyer journey, create personas, map the journey and create content to push individuals of different personas to the next stage in the buying cycle.
- Be immersed in the design and development of creative work of the highest caliber, driving all phases from concept through production.
- Manage, allocate, track and measure a substantial budget that balances investment in ROI-oriented marketing avenues along with experimentation, testing and innovation.
- Develop relationships with key players throughout the organization, including regional marketing personnel to earn trust and buy-in across the business. Foster an “open-door” environment of collaboration and communication across regions and business units.
- Develop a comprehensive content marketing plan for the company and then manage its execution. Drive product messaging, as well as key features and benefits through white papers, blogs, video, case studies, presentations and sales collateral.
- Conduct analysis to identify opportunities to improve and grow the business; analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, methods, costs, and results.
- Mentor a motivated global marketing team. Lead by example, and directly step in to work with and manage various teams when necessary.
- Develop a consistent and compelling experience for customers across the globe. Empower regional business units with the necessary tools and support to push a consistent message around the world and build a powerful, consistent brand.
- Lead brand and messaging strategy, focusing on differentiation the unique product advantages and consulting expertise in the marketplace.
- Evangelize, promote, plan and execute our brand messaging, products and consulting services to industry thought leaders, analysts, press, bloggers, prospects and strategic partners. Develop relationships with key thought leaders.
- Manage competitive analysis and produce collateral that will assist the sales organization to maximize the potential for a sales win.
- Work with Product Management to ensure product roll-out is well targeted, launched, marketed effectively and on-time.
- Identify and remove obstacles to marketing success.
- Provide product information to meet a variety of internal and external needs including press releases, web site copy and internal training.
Prior experience in marketing for a company that specializes in software development solutions or B2B software is required. This means that you will need a strong understanding of software development trends and best practices related to web and mobile application development, as well as a general understanding of key business applications related to ERP, CRM, eCommerce.
Most importantly you will have a track record of leading marketing in a software company experiencing growth. We are looking for someone who has demonstrated experience as a builder of successful B2B marketing team and programs.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to make recommendations and decisions quickly and concisely.
- A demonstrable understanding of marketing best practice and a proven track record of driving lead generation success through successful marketing initiatives.
- A deep understanding of social media, market research & analytics, SEO, marketing automation and website design best practice.
- Strong experience with B2B solutions, especially with web and mobile development. 5-7 years in a senior product marketing role in the software industry
- Solid experience with software solutions, with special emphasis on web & mobile development.
- A desire and ability to roll up their sleeves and work alongside those they will manage and mentor. He/she will be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced, complex technical environment.
- Previous experience in the preparation of technical content when marketing to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- The ability to create compelling and consistent campaigns, breaking down complex technology to the core capabilities and benefits our solutions bring to a business.
This is a full time direct hire.