Have you grown brands with your sharp eye for detail?
Looking to gain more experience with Fortune 500 companies?
Are you a Marketing Leader that has a passion for Product Marketing, Category Management and Innovation? Well this may be the perfect job opportunity for you!
MarketPro has teamed up with a leading global manufacturer of building materials in a marketing executive search for a Senior Manager Category & Product Manager to join their fast growing brand in Toledo, Ohio. Our client is a Fortune 500 company with an entrepreneurial spirit. This global organization’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in both commercial and residential markets.
The brand is uniquely positioned to grow by influencing marketplace adoption of innovative energy savings solutions and by partnering with strategic customers in growing markets. Reporting to the Director of Products & Programs, the Insulation Product and Program Leader will play a lead role in developing, leading and executing programs that deliver to growth for the brand.
They will also be responsible for developing channel growth strategies and executing channel specific product, service, volume, and price plans for our business. Responsibilities include management of the product portfolio, contribution to the near and long term operating plan for product line success, monitoring customer feedback, and monitoring market conditions. The position will also require substantially contributing to business strategy by transforming customer and market quantitative data into plans and projects that penetrate markets, increase market share, and grow top and bottom lines. The Product and Program Leader models teamwork across the Insulation business and must be effective leading teams in a matrix organization.
Growing the Customer Base
• Partners with marketing, sales and pricing organizations, including sales, Building Materials Sales, Home Centers, Building Insulation, and Canada to drive programs and events to build and grow market share.
• Prospects and develops new potential customers by identifying opportunities, establishing key contacts, and building business relationships.
• Leads quarterly reviews with Sales Directors and RSLs across the organization to review and help drive product targets.
• Identify new channels and contractor opportunities and drive through the sales organizations
• Participates in marketing program planning, development, execution and measurement to ensure that programs succeed according to plan. Ensure current programs maximize profitability.
• Develop and lead training for sales force to build knowledge of product systems and solutions
Directing Product-related Operations
• Lead product SKU performance, rationalization, forecasting and inventory requirements in partnership with finance, sales and operations teams.
• Partners with leader to lead monthly Sales & Operations Planning process. Provides forecasting market modeling, inventory and working capital requirements as inputs for the products and programs for successful execution of S & OP process.
• Develops, communicates and leads annual operating plan for products and programs consistent with near-term requirements for financial and non-financial performance and long-term strategic requirements.
• Monitors market data and customer feedback (from marketing insight group) for changes in market conditions and/or competitive behavior.
• Partners with leader to utilize business and management reviews and continuous operational oversight to respond to external conditions at that time and drive business performance.
• Establishes clear and appropriate operating authority on critical performance drivers (e.g., pricing, operations/capacity planning)
Develop Growth Strategy
The Product and Program Leader will be accountable for contributing to strategy and business planning including:
• Business objectives for immediate and mid-term (3-5 year) timeframe relative to product marketing including customer, end user, channel and competitive dynamics, and geographic considerations (local, regional, national, international)
• Product positioning, packaging, placement, pricing, investments, channel management, customer and sales force engagement and alignment, and engagement of key external influencers, e.g., specifiers, architects, utilities, and state and federal government.
• Recommend a portfolio of building enclosure systems/solutions and go-to-market strategies for adoption
• Recommend, as appropriate, opportunities to expand beyond Insulation to drive growth for the company
• Partner with marketing communications to develop and execute integrated marketing programs that drive the desired behavior changes our strategic targets.
• Ongoing market assessment to identify mix, customer trends and margin drivers along with associated business recommendations.
• Measuring, tracking and reporting Program ROI and EBIT to Insulation leadership
• Innovation: Leads successful commercialization of extensions to and new products/services. Teams cross-functionally across Marketing, Science & Technology, Finance, Operations and Supply Chain to accomplish.
• Consistently drives products and programs to improve cost structure at all levels.
• Establishes and continuously improves gross margin contribution on core products and programs including developmental oversight of products and programs and investments required to drive demand (supported by business case and tracking metrics.)
• Inspires organization and partners with leader to structure it to deliver strategic objectives and supporting goals.
• Influences industry thought leaders and channel partners for successful execution of Product strategy.
Ensure Market and Channel Influence is Driving Growth Strategy
• Leverage in-depth knowledge of customers, products, markets, channels, and competitors to align strategies and drive growth in all points of distribution
• Coordination across sales and pricing organizations including Building Materials Sales, Home Centers, Building Insulation, and Canada to ensure we have the right insights into markets and customers
• Limit channel conflict by ensuring coordination of product positioning, messaging, pricing and promotions to ensure the business delivers on its revenue and price attainment goals
• Develop tools and resources to enhance effectiveness of sales and marketing activities
• Align channel strategies in order to exploit the strengths of the product portfolio, geographic coverage and service capabilities
• Education: Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus
• 5+ years of Brand/Product Management experience with a consumer products or consumer durable business
• P&L management experience
• Successfully executing full product / service management including positioning, pricing strategy, margin management, investments, and channel management.
• Developing and marketing new products and services; attracting new customers.
• Demonstrated quantitative capabilities, including financial, statistical and predictive modeling.
Group VP of Marketing, Enterprise Software – Chicago, IL | Austin, TX | Virtual Optional
Are you a modern marketer who is a master of inbound marketing, lead generation, digital marketing, and marketing automation? Here’s your opportunity to take a major brand's marketing to another level. Apply today! Full job description.