MarketPro has partnered with a Fortune 500 company in search of a Business-to-Business Global Brand & Strategic Marketing Leader. Based in Toledo, Ohio, this global leader in the building materials industry posted 2014 sales of $5.3 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 26 countries.
Reporting to the Vice President, The Director of Marketing is accountable for the development and implementation of marketing strategies and tactics throughout the Roofing business. Execution of this marketing executive search role includes messaging, development of promotional plans, and participation in projects with focus on customer needs and the best value proposition for the Roofing business.
This position will partner within the business (commercial, business development, product development) and will coordinate marketing initiatives with the roofing and asphalt marketing, components, product management, contractor services and insulation marketing teams.
- Develops and Executes Marketing Strategies (approximate time 45%)
- Understands business strategies to assist in the development and execution of marketing strategies. Achieves mutual business goals and develops partnerships with the businesses and field sales organization to build and solidify customer relationships.
- Works with their team to drive the marketing planning process and toolkit development for specific programs and campaigns, and coordinates implementation: production, internal rollout, external communications and distribution through relevant channels, including media, digital and social media channels.
- Oversees marketing deliverables including advertising, collateral, catalogs, brochures and website for designated business unit. Makes sure product features are promoted in the marketing campaign elements to help increase sales.
- Develops value propositions that are targeted to the appropriate market, channel or end user. Working with the members of the team the director of marketing is able to establish testable hypothesizes and the execution plans to disprove or support these positions. Value propositions development and rapid test and learn procedures allow the team to quickly create value and drive growth.
- Direct and work with their team to implement other key initiatives such as tradeshow/local events/association meetings; outreach program support; media/advertising/digital/social messaging, customer program coordination, and update basic sheets/designs
- Develops creative briefs for programs and publications working with external agencies.
- Implements activities and programs to increase engagement and brand awareness in contractors and home owners and increase the number of people that enter and successful purchase a roof as they pass through the purchase funnel.
- Creates and executes programs to increase contractor acquisition and retention in key MSAs. Working with the commercial teams to refine the model and actions required to sustainable gain share in one step distribution.
- Coordinates and aligns strategies within the organization: (approximate time 30%)
- Coordinates and aligns digital marketing activities with the digital team. Ensuring that the priority list for activities is resourced and aligned with the overall marketing priorities and the business strategy.
- Aligns, coordinates and works on the prioritization of science and technology programs, analytics, tradeshow and other critical marketing functions to ensure that the roofing and asphalt strategy is being delivered and represented.
- Implements and works with outside agencies and internal resources to deliver messages and content by social, digital and traditional means. Facilitating measurement and refinement of activities and messages to drive response and action.
- Develops and Understands Customer Data: (approximate time 25%)
- Understands customer needs/wants, strong voice of customer knowledge and how they are addressed by the appropriate marketing tools. Has a strong working relationship with the business insights team, field sales organization and business partners to gather additional input on customer needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Marketing, Product Management or related field. MBA or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years previous experience in marketing communications, product management, sales, or marketing
- A track record of developing a marketing strategy and developing programs that deliver quantifiable revenue growth and measurable return on investment
- Possess an understanding and have experience with online marketing, branding and project planning and management
- Demonstrated successful experience working in a complex matrix environment
- Working in matrix organizations with multiple distribution channels and influencers
- Executing business and marketing strategy for a sizeable business segment
- Experience working in Durables, CPG or building materials.
- Market segmentation and positioning
- Working with Home Centers, Big Box retail and with channel and trade marketing functions.
- Social Media strategy and implementation
- Developing and executing advertising campaigns
- Local marketing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Highly motivated and results-oriented with a high energy level and passion for marketing
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to plan strategically
- Effectively brings thought leadership and diverse points of view together to formulate solutions that meet both business segment and group objectives
- Forward thinking leadership style, including the ability to motivate, lead by example, encourage teamwork and provide effective communication
- Exceptional writing skills, with experience in document preparation, proofing and editing including proposals.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage and prioritize a diverse workload
- Willingness and ability to operate “hands on” to get results
- Conducts business with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Analytical ability, able to determine insights form various disparate data sources.
- Articulate, approachable, and candid; shows appreciation for and understanding of the feelings of others; aware of personal impact on others; expresses opinions without offending
- High business acumen and experience with measuring marketing ROI
- Shows can-do-attitude and be able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a matrix organizations with multiple distribution channels and influencers with accountability across geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Experience in shaping business strategy and leading strategic planning with best in class analytical tools.
- Experience in translating market trends into marketing product strategies based upon trend analyses and feedback.
- Experience with cross-functional teams. Aptitude to build strategic and execution-focused plans and alliances with partner leadership.
- Effective planning and execution of communications for internal and external stakeholders, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and marketing programs and pipelines that deliver quantifiable financial returns.
This is a full-time direct hire.