MarketPro has partnered with a European B2B marketing agency with people in the UK and Germany for a marketing executive search. This growing marketing agency is ready to open its first offices in North America in Seattle and is looking for a smart, ambitious VP, Managing Director to lead this rapid-growth agency and creating a reputation for outstanding marketing solutions. You will make a major contribution to – and then implement – a plan to bring the best thing in business to the client’s target audience.
- You will be leading a B2B marketing agency integrating services from multi-discipline teams (client services, planning, creative, content, digital, telemarketing, data).
- Your team will direct the creation of marketing programs that deliver measurable commercial results for our clients (blue-chip IT and business services organizations).
- This ability to integrate a range of services to deliver business outcomes from Marketing has already proven to be highly unusual and attractive to clients in the US market.
- Core to the success of the new agency will be your ability to build and manage a team of ‘A’-players, ensuring high staff satisfaction and performance. You will also play a major role in translating our values into the US operation’s B2B sales and marketing strategy.
- Trusted advisor to Senior Sales and Marketing Directors/CMOs in large corporations regarding B2B sales and marketing strategy best practice. Able to envision solutions that meet the client’s objectives, leveraging discipline expertise from elsewhere within the organization to supplement their own knowledge, where appropriate.
- Up to date with latest B2B marketing thinking, ideally participating in development of industry best practice
- Able to lead program definition workshop/process with client and manage the creation of $1m+ marketing programs.
- Internally, in terms of owning the P&L and being on top of the levels for this (sales, revenue recognition, revenue recovery rates, utilization, recruitment, cost control).
- Externally, in terms of client business delivers/objections, ROMI and satisfaction.
- Growth mindset.
- Able to: identify opportunities for growth (where services can be developed to meet the challenges of clients in our markets) focus on the areas and actions that will make the greatest difference create and run the plan to deliver on these opportunities.
- Track the performance of different initiatives/clients and make decision on where to focus to achieve the annual plan Collaboration.
- Able to harness the power of a global team and define clear roles and responsibilities.
- Will make sure that all relevant people and teams are fully engaged by clear communication around plans and objectives to feel in a ‘partnership’ with the US team. Also comfortable working with in existing processes (estimating, reporting, project management, forecasting, commercial reporting) and ensuring these are understood and followed by new team members.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to our business plan for serving clients in the US with relevant recommendations and then responsible for delivering the plan (tracked through KPIs listed below).
- Ability to show clear commercial ownership (clarity of reporting, actions, cost control etc.).
- Ensure (and support) Group Account Directors are running effective client development plans that will deliver the revenue to support the plan.
- Develop strong relationships and partnerships with the team in Europe who are supporting business growth/delivering for US clients while the team is growing in the US.
- Have exceptional relationships with senior level contacts within key US clients.
- Provide high-quality marketing consultancy and leadership that drives our client stakeholders’ success, senior client stakeholders want to spend time with you and value your opinion.
- You strive to position the agency as a partner and natural go-to choice for clients.
- Completely up to date with our position (revenue forecast to plan, profitability, client satisfaction) and plans for clients in the US, working through Group Account Directors to develop and implement any corrective actions that are required.
- Passionate about identifying/shaping early-stage sales opportunities for major programs with new and existing clients – not for the sake of ‘sales’ but for the opportunity to do great marketing and create exciting opportunities for the team.
- Support Group Account Directors in securing position as our clients’ preferred B2B partner for our core product/solution areas.
- 15+ years previous agency/client-side experience, at least four years with one organization.
- Previous ownership for both revenue and profit targets and a track record of over-achievement.
- Line management of people responsible for teams/departments of 10+ people.
- Experience building a business or team of 20+ people/Experience working with international teams.
- Experience of meeting challenges presented by B2B marketing in blue chip international IT or services organizations with complex sales cycle/propositions.
- Experience directing programs with annual budget of $2m+ (i.e. an individual program with an annual budget at least $2m).
This is full time direct hire.