MarketPro has partnered with an international entertainment company in Atlanta, GA in search of a contract Web Developer. We are currently seeking an experienced Web Developer contractor to work on web sites for the 30 NBA basketball teams on a marketing staffing basis. The candidate will join a talented team of developers to build new site features for sports fans, enhance site components, create editorial publishing workflows, and support bug fixes. The team sites are responsive web sites hosted on Drupal 7 as a CMS.
- Will work on new site projects and operational support requests
- This hands-on coding role requires strong individual contribution and rapid learning of new technologies.
- Will collaborate daily with project managers, QA testers, and business owners for project requirements, testing phases, and code deployments
- Problem triage and quick resolution will be needed for any reported site issues.
- Will need a solid understanding of core web development practices, including client vs. server implementations, browser-to-server page rendering behaviors, web caching, page speed optimization, image file types, and regular expression usage
- Strong problem solving skills are needed to dig in to code, explain why a scenario happens, and identify a practical solution quickly.
- Must embrace new challenges and openly consider technical alternatives.
- Must fully own his/her work during the full lifecycle through requirements, coding, testing, peer reviews, documentation, deployment, and post-launch support
- Will need to work well with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Will need to be comfortable advising his or her peers and non- technical audiences on technical solutions Example Work Assignments: – Build new PHP template and write HTML & CSS from scratch for a web page with NBA games by date – Create responsive web pages with team & player stats tables, UI hover effects, and team branding colors – Setup a new editorial form in Drupal to publish stories, photos, or videos – Retrieve and display live game scores and statistics using AJAX – Auto import images into Drupal using Getty Images API or other photo sources – Configure a HTML5/Flash video player to play video with pre-roll ads and analytics tracking – Fix a styling issue for iOS or Android smartphones and tablets
- 2+ years of enterprise-level web experience (high traffic sites, complex UI features)
- Experience with writing custom modules for Drupal and/or WordPress is preferred.
- Experience with responsive designs is preferred.
- Git for version control is preferred.
- Bootstrap, Compass, SASS are a plus.
This is a contract marketing staffing position.