MarketPro has partnered with an international travel company in Atlanta, GA in search of a contract Marketing Communications Specialist. As the Staff Writer, you will play an instrumental role in helping In-flight service Program Managers inform, educate and engage the In-Flight Service workforce of over 22,000 flight attendants about departmental vision, goals, direction and strategic initiatives through the creation, execution and distribution of innovative and effective multi-media communications strategies and tactics.
- Writing and editing assignments are diverse in breadth, style and complexity and include telling the various In-Flight stories in a creative and compelling way for campaigns supporting major divisional initiatives
- Researching and crafting internal press releases, leader memos, employee correspondence and policy and procedural updates and clarifications; updating employee manuals and reference documents
- Designing and editing various ad hoc marketing publications and performing basic web page design and content management on the Client’s intranet site, all in an extremely fast-moving and deadline-driven operational environment
- On a daily basis, you will work closely and collaboratively with the Client’s Communications Managers, divisional stakeholders, and subject matter experts to identify, understand and proactively respond to their unique communication needs and opportunities and develop and deliver timely, professional, effective and creative communication solutions incorporating both print and visual elements.
- You will master technology-based Client’s communications vehicles for the creation, delivery, and management of Client’s messages and content, including web publishing software, subscription email software and other enterprise web, text and voice-based communication applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field is required.
- Minimum of three years corporate communication, marketing, or public relations agency experience preferred, with at least three years’ experience creating and publishing written communications in a professional capacity required
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and frontline employee groups
- Proven aptitude with core Microsoft Office products is essential.
- Experience using web publishing (SharePoint) and subscription email software programs and creative design experience with graphics and document layout software programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Publisher, etc.) highly preferred.
- Must have a high degree of initiative, the flexibility to adapt quickly to changing priorities and the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines as required.
- A writing exercise will be administered as one component of the interview process.
This is a contract position for a marketing staffing need.