MarketPro has partnered with a global leader in the specialized payment services space to initiate a marketing executive search for a Senior Vice President Product Strategy. Located in Atlanta, GA this entrepreneurial brand serves millions of commercial cardholders across the globe and manages relationships with more than 800 partners, ranging in size from multi-billion dollar brands to small and medium businesses.
We are seeking an experienced leader to own product strategy, innovation, development, and marketing within our North America card business. In North America, this organization has driven consistent double digit growth through continuous product innovation in its two core products. We are currently pursuing a new set of product ideas which have the potential to dramatically expand our market opportunity, revenue per customer, and value creation for our customers. We expect these new ideas to become the primary growth drivers enabling continued double digit growth for our largest North American business. As a result, this role will have significant CEO-level exposure and a critical impact on the continued success of the company.
- Identifying, designing and developing innovative product offerings to drive growth in the market. New product ideas can target new segments, increase sales performance in existing segments, or improve value and revenue from customers
- Building compelling and integrated cases for new product concepts considering competitive factors, market demand, risk management, program economics, strategic fit, and operational complexity
- Leading cross-functional teams (including IT, Operations, Sales, and Credit) to quickly pilot products into market. Ongoing monitoring of performance & feedback to drive iterative enhancements and successfully move from pilot to roll-out
- Conducting market, customer, and competitor analysis to identify opportunities improve our core offerings or introduce new concepts
- Monitoring industry trends and developments both in the fuel card space as well as adjacent payments and FinTech markets
- Managing ongoing product marketing strategy including positioning, messaging, periodic promotions, and supporting collateral. Collaborating with sales and customer service teams to ensure successful delivery of product marketing
- BS/BA from a 4-year college or university with MBA preferred. Quantitative/analytical degree preferred or related experience
- 10+ plus years of experience in a combination of product development, product marketing, or strategy consulting roles required
- Experience developing global marketing strategy and catering to a diverse set of markets
- Experience marketing B2B financial solutions preferred
- Experience in Credit Cards, FinTech, or Strategy Consulting and a balance of experience at both large and small companies a plus
- Ambitious and resourceful; results oriented; highly innovative. Focused on business value creation through continuous improvement and innovation
- Highly analytical, data-driven mindset; holds self and others accountable with measurable ROI-oriented KPIs
- Straightforward, collaborative and non-political personality and leadership style, with strong influence, facilitation and problem solving skills
- Effective executor; pivots well from ideation to rapid-cycle implementation. Thrives in less structured environment that values speed-to-market over perfection
- Highly analytical, data-driven mindset and professional communication style
- Turns first to data-driven answers and analysis to overcome challenges and make decisions, holds self and others accountable with measurable ROI-oriented KPIs
- Straightforward, collaborative and non-political personality and leadership style
- Excellent communicator and presenter, able to translate marketing insights for rest of executive team and pitch new ideas at the highest level
- A communications expert with superior oral and written communication skills
- Incorporates the brand promise and positioning into strategies and messaging
- Excellent time management and capability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical capability to compile, analyze and make recommendations from various sources of data, both quantitative and qualitative
This is a full time direct hire.