Are you a classically trained marketer with experience in a consumer driven matrixed environment?
Do you thrive in a customer facing role with a focus on Voice-of-the customer insights, Category, Brand Management and Innovation?
Well this may be the perfect job opportunity for you!
MarketPro has partnered with a leading global manufacturer of building materials in a marketing executive search of a Senior Brand & Product Manager to join their fast growing brand in Toledo, Ohio. This global organization’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in both commercial and residential markets.
The Senior Brand & Product Manager will have overall responsibility to lead the development and commercialization of a multi-million dollar category. This individual will exhibit thought-leadership and initiative to proactively identify and move forward market growth opportunities. The Senior Brand & Product Leader will focus on transforming our product line offering to become the preferred choice for customers. In addition, this person will be the brand portfolio steward for the company brand, as well as our portfolio of house and hero brands. Through keen insight, marketplace intelligence and rigorous brand management, the Brand Manager ensures that our brands have a distinct and relevant meaning that resonates with customers. This individual will work closely with Strategic Marketing, Manufacturing, Sales, Customer Service, Supply Chain, and Finance.
- Product Strategy – Manage specific products throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, conducting Voice of the Customer (VOC) research, defining the product vision, and making sure products meet customer FFU’s.
- Brand Strategy – Champion customer-focused marketing initiatives to ensure success of the brand promise; collaborate with category teams & channel marketing leaders in North America to ensure brand assets & standards are utilized appropriately.
- Business Case Analytics – Prepare/present plain language statements of market opportunities that accurately forecast revenue and profitability as well as costs to execute. Work with partner organizations, identify and gather critical data to manage risk. Recommend appropriate courses of action, clearly stating assumptions and risks.
- Market Research – The Product & Program Leader will develop a basic understanding of how we create unique value across each specific customer type, and knowledge of key influencers: contractors and builders. The Product & Program Leader will specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to our sales teams, customers and non-customers. In partnership with Corporate Marketing and the Sales organization, the Product & Program Leader will continuously build insights and knowledge of our products in order to provide differential value to our customers and their businesses, and key influencers.
- Commercialization – Work with the Marketing team to develop commercialization, pricing, and promotional strategies to effectively launch new and improved products. This includes defining product positioning and messaging to highlight benefits and value to establish a competitive advantage in the market with all customer channels. The Product & Program Leader will lead the communication with Sales and other key stakeholders.
- Competitive Analysis – The Product & Program Leader will be recognized as a product knowledge expert for their product segment. The individual will monitor market needs and requirements, taking into account future technologies, codes and standards, competitor products/services and regulatory issues to develop and implement innovative customer solutions for existing and new products.
- Bachelor’s degree is essential, MBA preferred.
- CPG and/or consumer products brand experience.
- Five-plus years of experience in brand management, category management and product marketing leadership in a consumer products organization.
- Five plus years successfully executing full product / service management including positioning, pricing strategy, margin management, investments, and channel management.
- Influencing others effectively and sustainably with and without authority.
- Business and financial acumen – increasing margins through management of mix, cost and price.
This is a full time direct hire.