About Social Media Today
Social Media Today is an independent online media and events company for professionals in marketing, social business, communication, customer experience, content marketing and digital strategy, or any other discipline where a thorough understanding of social media is mission-critical. SocialMediaToday.com is published by Social Media Today LLC.
Podcast audiences in the United States have grown tremendously over the last few years. In April 2015, Pew Research Center reported, “The percentage of Americans who have listened to a podcast in the past month has almost doubled since 2008, from 9% to 17% by January of 2015. The percentage listening in 2015 was up two points over 2014 levels (15%).”
- One-third of all Americans have listened to at least one podcast in their lifetime.
- General awareness has more than doubled since 2006.
- 46 million Americans over the age of 12 listen to podcasts on a monthly basis.
The WSJ reports, “Advertisers are expected to spend about $35.1 million on podcasts this year, up about 2% from last year. Meanwhile, marketers are still investing some $18 billion a year in radio and $67 billion in TV.”
With the breakout popularity of new shows like Serial and the steady transition of longtime FM radio listeners to the iPhone, it’s surprising that the most innovative advertising talent has failed to match the platform’s momentum.
Explaining What Makes Podcasts so Valuable for Digital Advertising Staffing
Advice for Beginning Podcast Advertising Through Content Marketing Staffing
- Use a direct-response strategy. Since testing perceptions is quite risky, an immediate-reply design advertising that gives the crowd a podcast-unique discount code is strongly recommended. Squarespace is one model that does a fantastic career of strong-response advertising on podcasts.
- Have the host read your ad. Several podcast listeners are supporters of the host. (Podcasts, in the end, are usually talk shows.) It looks more pure and intrusive once the host reads your advertising.
- Select the right audience. The top ten podcast publishers account for about 40% of most regular podcast listeners inside the U.S., in accordance with Podtrac’s estimates.” should you can’t manage to market in another of the top ten publisher’s podcasts, where charges work from “$50 to upward of $100 CPMS” (the expense of achieving a lot of podcast downloaders), then you must be especially picky about what smaller people you pursue.
Read the entire article on Social Media Today.
Featured Video: How to Prepare for a Video Interview
As a candidate, you should ask questions during a job interview to show your interest in the position and most importantly, to understand if the role is the right next step for your career. Bob Van Rossum, President of MarketPro, explains what questions you should ask when interviewing.
Video by MarketPro, the leading marketing recruitment firm.