Now is a great time to give your company a Talent Advantage. At a time when most companies are scared to make permanent headcount additions, you can hire an interim CMO on a full-time or part-time basis for less than you can imagine. Need someone to set online marketing strategy, no problem. Top companies are not running scared but using the opportunities available in the marketplace to strategically improve their marketing programs for years to come.
Outside experts bring valuable experience to your company. Now is the time to move your company forward not sit idly and wait out the tough times. It is time to utilize contractors / consultants to evolve your business.
Top reasons to move your company forward with outside talent:
Many companies are finding that they get more bang for their buck by consulting with outside experts instead of hiring new staff people. Here’s the logic:
· Executive Level Talent without a long-term commitment. Most companies avoid hiring the senior level talent they need due to the long-term overhead commitment. Bring in an executive to set a new course and when they hand over the new plan you existing staff can execute. If you are expecting your existing staff to get you any farther than they already have, you are likely expecting too much.
· Ability to insert an entire team. Many organizations have an area of their business that is behind the competition. People on your team are already too busy to fix this, but you can easily insert an outside to completely revamp an area of your organization. We have found many companies have failed to keep pace with web / online marketing. Good news is help can be on the inside of your organization in about a week.
· Ability to scale up or down at will. Having contractors on staff is much more like dating, as opposed to marrying a full-time employee. If your needs change, so can the people you have working for you.
· Fresh Ideas. The new team comes from a variety of experience and backgrounds. All companies suffer from group think and limitations based on what they see. Outsiders avail you to an entirely new set of thoughts and ideas. They will provide a unique perspective that will increase the productivity of your existing workforce.
· Peace of mind. Would you like a chance to try before you buy? The risk of hiring someone into your organization is significant. The reality is you can try before you buy at most any level of the organization. Hiring an employee into your organization means you have made at least a short-term commitment. If you hired your CMO or web designer on a contract / consulting basis and they are not a culture fit, making a change is fast and easy.
The concept of outsourcing your CMO is new, while outsourcing your CFO or CIO is more common. Ultimately outsourcing the CMO function makes more sense. Companies with more than $ 1B in revenue must have a CMO, about half of smaller companies are better off with a strong VP and they bring in an interim CMO for 3 months a year to set strategy. The quality of your marketing will increase and the cost saving is tremendous.