Are you a digital marketer looking to spread your wings using your creative and technical skills?
Looking for a challenge that causes you and your career to grow as your brand/company expands?
A team player that doesn’t mind taking the lead and driving results?
MarketPro has partnered with a top consumer brand in Chicago to complete a marketing executive search for a Senior Director of Digital Marketing. The Senior Director of Digital Marketing is responsible for the collaborative creation, development, execution and measurement of the digital marketing strategy. This role will provide ongoing leadership, vision and support to the Digital Marketing team to assure attainment of business objectives, as well as the day-to-day execution of digital initiatives across defined digital properties. In this role you will work closely with business leaders to understand specific marketing goals and objectives, focusing on partnering with business teams to educate, guide, set and deploy strategies and tactics to drive growth in alignment with division objectives.
As a key member of the digital marketing leadership team, you will structure and lead digital marketing presentations, guiding the team through collaborative discussions and making complex decisions. Additionally, this role will manage the digital marketing team to maximize sales and profitability, while supporting the diverse needs of the business and brand initiatives. This role will ensure that all digital projects and initiatives are accurate, relevant, and reflective of their brands and optimized for conversion and revenue maximization.
- Creates and executes strategy development of all digital channels, working closely with business and agency partners.
- Manages a team of digital marketers; maintains project calendar to facilitate prioritization and resource allocations.
- Provides leadership and direction to digital team members with regard to digital strategy, emerging platforms, project prioritization, including identifying goals, KPI’s, timelines and strategic alignment with campaigns and initiatives, in addition to general team initiatives.
- Establishes and monitors metrics to track performance, establishes cadence for review, assesses and reports on external trends and competitors and recommends strategies to improve and optimize; suggests revisions to the strategy and budget based on analysis and ensures corrective actions are implemented and tracked, as necessary.
- Tracks trends and metrics; recommends adjustments to media plans and strategies where appropriate.
- Researches emerging digital trends and conducts competitive analyses.
- Maintains digital marketing budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing, Information Technology or Business related field; MBA is a plus.
- Experience marketing both B2B and B2C products and services
- A minimum of eight years professional digital marketing experience in progressively responsible roles, with at least four years leading and developing a team, to include the following functional competencies,
- First-hand understanding of new medial and digital environments and understands the technologies that support it.
- Understands the implications of, and leverages, self-organizing collaborative digital ecosystems.
- Understands how customers interact with digital and traditional media; seeks out appropriate digital media for target audience.
- Makes content logical and intuitive for customers; combines content imagery and interactivity to create a compelling story.
- Communicates in a multi-lateral, engaging, simple and intuitive way; moderates discussions to keep the focused and engaging.
- Communicates effectively across multiple channels; communicates passion for the brand.
- Understands various types of marketing tools and techniques, e.g. direct marketing, brand strategy development, advertising, promotions, pricing, beta testing, etc.; has solid experience implementing the tools across different types of media.
- Ability to align marketing metrics to business results; demonstrates the business value of marketing by utilizing quantifiable metrics.
- Interactive approach; fixes along the way; uses feedback to make ongoing adjustments to content or approach.
- High level understanding of SEO, SEM, social media, search rankings, mobile and Web analytics.
- High degree of knowledge around the principles of integrated digital marketing.
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects working with cross-functional teams.
This is a full-time direct hire position.