If you enjoy building product marketing disciplines from the ground up here’s your chance! MarketPro has partnered with a dynamic enterprise software brand based in Atlanta for a marketing executive search of a results-oriented, talented Sr. Director of Product Marketing to assist in taking our clients leading software product to the next level via product marketing. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
The Sr. Director of Product Marketing will be responsible for helping to create a product marketing structure and best practices and establish brand as a thought leader. He/She will be responsible for managing the product marketing plans and activities for specific product lines to establish, enhance and distinguish product placement within a competitive space.
- Develops and implements annual business plans which provide an analysis of the competitive environment and clearly define product positioning, key issue strategies and target audiences for assigned market segments.
- Defines go-to-market plans and establishes objectives for assigned market segments.
- Responsible for the management of product marketing plans and activities for specific product lines to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena
- Leads the development and revision of key internal processes as they relate to product success and drives their continuous improvement
- Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace
- Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs
- Is a knowledge leader in multiple related markets and multiple product domains
- Establishes pricing strategies
- Interfaces with product management, sales, and corporate marketing to develop new products or enhance existing products
- Play a leading role in the organization of and communication with key customer-stakeholder groups
- Functionally or matrix manages and influences other teams including engineering and product management
- Proven ability to lead (guide) cross-functional teams to a timely desired outcome
- Consistently communicates and is recognized as a spokesperson for the company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- MBA preferred
- 10+ years of product marketing and product management experience
- Successful track record in establishing product pricing, developing overall positioning, properly packaging products to launch, and promoting to internal and external constituents
- Proven ability to develop product go-to-market strategies to launch, promote, and educate internal and external audiences
- Experience interfacing with customers, prospects, media, analysts, and the industry
- Proven ability to manage, monitor, allocate, and align budgets to maximize marketing efficiencies with established budget and guidelines
- Excellent quantitative analytical and business skills, for the analysis of markets, products, competition, and market opportunity
- Able to work in a constantly changing environment; proven ability to manage multiple direct reports and concurrent activities effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster relationships across divisions and functions
This is a full time direct hire.