MarketPro has partnered with a Fortune 500 company in Atlanta for a contract Editor/Graphic Designer to fulfill their creative marketing staffing needs. This is a creative job in a creative organization. Candidates will be evaluated on their talent and creative capabilities as well as technical proficiency to support the partner. The Editor/Designer applies creative, collaborative, technical and quality-control skills to high-level concepts given by our Client. The Editor/Designer will be a proactive creative leader in craft editing (video, graphics, and sound design) and producing (storytelling and structure). This position requires the individual to be well versed in the primary editing and design production tools. The Editor/Designer will always be a resource for our Client that never contradicts their vision and goals.
- Creates compelling short and long form, social content for a range of initiatives including promotion, marketing and/or programming across Client’s portfolio.
- Uses editing, motion graphics, color correction and sound editing to enhance viewer’s experience of the content
- Responsible for acting as a trusted contributor to the network partner throughout the entire project life-cycle (ideation > production > final delivery). Throughout that life-cycle, editor/designers must be able to manage scope creep and client expectations.
- Collaboration is the key to success at Client’s Studios. Sometimes that means listening to the partner’s request and delivering on it, as asked; other times that means taking the initiative to flesh out an optional “what if…” scenario. It’s not a matter of pushing your own agenda; it’s all about helping the partner realize theirs.
- Executes assigned projects independently with limited guidance
- Takes creative initiative and ownership with each assigned project
- Ability to troubleshoot technical or creative issues in a timely fashion
- Helps develop on new and innovative projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrates general knowledge in editing and design systems including, but not limited to, Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Well versed in the monitoring of video and audio signals for multi-platform distribution and quality control.
- Complete understanding of all media tape and file formats.
- Proactively seeks out software revisions or updates on current edit and design systems.
- Helps test, research and evaluate emerging technologies including working with management, engineering and Technical Workflow Leads on the roll out and execution.
- Works with support edit and design teams (e.g., creative leads, Tech Workflow leads, etc.) to ensure optimal efficiencies, as well as development of new processes (e.g., creative output documentation.)
- It’s imperative that the Editor/Designer communicates clearly with everyone involved on projects regarding expectations, changes to scope and schedule, technical issues, and decisions impacting workflow.
- 5 years of work experience editing/designing in a social post-production or broadcast environment is required.
- Experience with deadline-oriented short-form or long-form multi-platform work is critical.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Must have working knowledge of editing and graphics applications including: Adobe Creative Suite.
- Should also know third party plug-ins, multiple tapes and file formats and related test equipment for digital video and audio.
- Must be computer literate (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- The ability and flexibility to work varying shifts as needed is required.
- Strong proficiency using industry standard software tools
This is a contract position.