MarketPro has teamed up with a leading global manufacturer of building materials in search of a Senior Product Manager to join their fast growing brand team in Toledo, Ohio. This is a marketing executive search for a global organization that employs over 16,000 in 25 Countries and has remained a Fortune 500® list for over 50 years.
As the Senior Product Manager, Roofing Category you will meet high level goals are to maximize sales and profitability in Roofing and develop new market opportunities with derivative new products. He/She will focus on transforming our product line offering to become the preferred choice for customers. The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for the product management of a portfolio of products including product planning and strategic development for both current and new products. You will be involved in all phases of product development from ideation to partnering with engineering and design to build great product. This is your chance to be a part of a top notch product team working on first of its kind building materials products.
- Product Strategy – Manage specific products throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, conducting Voice of the Customer (VOC) research, defining the product vision, and making sure products meet customer FFU’s
- Business Case Analytics – Prepare/present plain language statements of market opportunities that accurately forecast revenue and profitability as well as costs to execute. Work with partner organizations, identify and gather critical data to manage risk. Recommend appropriate courses of action, clearly stating assumptions and risks.
- Market Research – The Product & Program Leader will develop a basic understanding of how we create unique value across each specific customer type, and knowledge of key influencers: contractors and builders. The Product & Program Leader will specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to our sales teams, customers and non-customers. In partnership with Corporate Marketing and the Sales organization, the Product & Program Leader will continuously build insights and knowledge of our products in order to provide differential value to our customers and their businesses, and key influencers.
- Project Management – The Product & Program Leader will create and execute a plan of work to deliver projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members (to include Marketing, S&T, Operations, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Finance, Sales) in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project & Program Leader will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Commercialization – The Product & Program Leader will work with the Marketing team to develop commercialization, pricing, and promotional strategies to effectively launch new and improved products. This includes defining product positioning and messaging to highlight benefits and value to establish a competitive advantage in the market with all customer channels. The Product & Program Leader will lead the communication with Sales and other key stakeholders.
- Competitive Analysis – The Product & Program Leader will be recognized as a product knowledge expert for their product segment. The individual will monitor market needs and requirements, taking into account future technologies, codes and standards, competitor products/services and regulatory issues to develop and implement innovative customer solutions for existing and new products
- Bachelor’s degree is essential, MBA preferred.
- 5-7 plus years successfully executing full product / service management including positioning, pricing strategy, margin management, investments, and channel management.
- 5-7 years of experience in brand management, category management and product marketing leadership in a building materials, commercial roofing
- Developing and marketing new products and services; attracting new customers.=
Nice to haves include:
- Exposure to/work in the retail channel, highly desired.
- Demonstrated quantitative capabilities, including financial, statistical and predictive modeling.
- Development of successful relationships with suppliers and co-marketing partners, preferred.
- Influencing others effectively and sustainably with and without authority
- Business and financial acumen-Increasing margins through management of mix, cost and price.
This is a full time direct hire.