MarketPro has partnered with a Boston based global technology brand for an interim marketing executive search. As the Vice President of Marketing, you will manage a current team of 15+ professionals, and will be charged with driving all aspects of marketing for corporate initiatives including: demand generation, content development, events, public relations, social media management, marketing operations, web marketing, interactive marketing, branding, communications, creative, partnerships and alliances and product marketing.
The successful candidate will have a relentless focus on matching the brands to winning marketing strategies and world-class customer experiences. The VP will be responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined marketing and communication strategy that stimulates revenue growth and enhances brand equity and awareness. S/he will also have the experience and credibility to contribute to overall company strategy and interact at the CEO and Board of Directors level. The ideal candidate will have a passion for customer advocacy and for measurable, data centric marketing strategies. For the right candidate that comes in and rocks it, this could turn into a permanent direct hire role.
- Lead the digital transformation of the business from a branding strategy and customer experience perspective.
- Partner with the world-wide sales teams, driving market leading strategies to support, innovate, and communicate in the field, through inside sales and other digital channels to consolidate and grow sales and share in all of our target markets.
- Work in partnership with Senior Executive team to develop innovative, global marketing strategies designed to differentiate the family of Brands/Products from its competitors and attract new clients, deliver a unified client experience, and create cross-selling opportunities for existing clients.
- In coordination with Product Marketing Managers, tailor marketing strategies to suit the specific requirements of the individual product groups, industry groups, coverage teams and international offices by developing and executing on short-term, annual and longer-term marketing plans.
- Align the company’s marketing strategy to oversee the management and production of events and conferences, including industry conferences, seminars, sponsorships and client events being cognoscente of virtual opportunities and social engagement channels.
- Develop a marketing culture that matches data analytics to marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Develop strategies for and oversee all corporate communications aligned to our digital transformation and brand, including press/media, website, print/digital advertising and collateral materials, content marketing, e-mail and a growing presence in social media.
- Define high-level goals of marketing organization and ensure alignment with strategic initiatives.
- Set cadence for marketing planning process and managed plan delivery.
- Develop and monitor marketing metrics and track industry trends and opportunities.
- Ensure that the voice of the customer is represented in executive decisions and monitor competitive threats to assess need for organizational response.
- Develop and present marketing strategy and campaign summaries during executive meetings.
- Demonstrate economic value and impact of marketing activity via regular reporting (pipeline metrics, lead generation conversion metrics, cost-per-close etc).
- Define cost and ROI-ROMI targets for specific channels and campaigns and optimize channel usage and resource allocation based on results and external benchmarks.
- Identify potential areas of marketing investment based on resources constraints and growth initiatives.
- Develop strategies, particularly around digital, to advise and support business units and functions in serving the right information to the right person at the right place and time.
- Develop strong messages in support of the sales and marketing objectives, including company sales presentation materials, sales collateral, Web Marketing efforts, sales tool kits and other key strategic marketing initiatives.
- Develop strong understanding of both product/service capabilities and competitors’ product/service capabilities.
- Manage 3rd-party validation initiatives, including customer testimonials, industry analyst remarks, and commentary by key through-leaders working in the training and development market.
- Work Cross-functionally with product marketing, sales, product development, professional services and other functional areas to develop product and organization positioning and promotion strategies.
- Ensure effectiveness of sales and marketing efforts by developing and delivering:
- Strong programs and materials on company messaging and competitive positioning.
- Ongoing sales force readiness programs to ensure sales force has strong and current material to sell to customers’ business needs.
- Recruit, develop and retain Marketing team required to meet organizational and functional objectives.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years’ experience in B2B Marketing, business to business database marketing, web search, website development and optimization, sales support, events and channel partner support.
- Must have demonstrated experience in the technology, software, SAAS and or cloud solutions environment
- 5+ years in a direct report team leadership position.
- Effectively presenting vision and value of the Marketing group to other senior executives and functional areas.
- Aggressively manage budget and ROI by initiative and channel.
- Identifying key strategic partners and resources to complement in-house activities.
- Leadership role in driving transformational Marketing agenda.
- Demonstrated ability to identify data-driven insights and developing the organizational capability to act on them faster and better to facilitate growth.
- Demonstrated ability to develop sound strategic frameworks and to analyze business opportunities and risks.
This is an interim marketing executive search.