MarketPro has partnered with a leading global water technology provider in Bridgeport, NJ near Philadelphia in search of a contract Content Specialist for a marketing staffing need. We are currently seeking someone who will oversee effective and engaging content creation and distribution that aligns with the growth objectives of the business. By closely collaborating with the Marketing and Communication teams, this role will be responsible for copywriting, editing, and publishing content on our diversified internal and external channels. This role will also serve as Client’s primary resource for internal and external website management, editorial excellence, and best practice guidance in these areas.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive and coordinated content calendar that delivers against our Client’s internal and external communications messaging priorities.
- Collaborate with a broad internal and external stakeholder group, including product management sales, engineering, HR, and agencies to produce compelling content, including articles, newsletters, infographics, social media posts, videos and storytelling materials that may be repurposed for a myriad of channels used to drive employee and customer engagement.
- Manage all website and intranet operations, including improvement projects, user acceptance testing (UAT), analytics, and content publishing activities and processes; ensuring these platforms are stable, and high-quality content is published on a regular basis and optimized for organic search and lead generation.
- Owner and editor of employee newsletter, responsible for creating a tight process, interviewing subject matter experts, as needed, drafting compelling stories, and editing content written by others.
- Manage blog and social media channels (including internal, i.e. Chatter) on an ongoing basis in support of campaigns and strategic thought leading initiatives. Responsibilities include content production, publishing, and audience targeting within social channels.
- Serve as an exemplary writer and editor producing content consistent with our company’s tone, mission, values, and strategic growth priorities.
- Edit content produced by teammates, including conceptualizing projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Effectively and consistently utilize project management skills and tools to manage content and brand related projects to completion—ensuring tasks, assigned personnel, budgets and timelines are met.
- Manages design vendors and handles light design work for fliers, email announcements, PowerPoint presentations, and other internal communications tools and tactics.
- Manages photography needs, ensuring that the organization has a suite of images for internal and external communications needs.
- Ensures content alignment between internal and external marketing and communications teams.
- Ensures all communications activities are executed within Client’s brand guidelines and supports the overall communications strategy of the global organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Business, or Communications preferred.
- 5 – 7 years of writing and content publishing experience in marketing; industrial or B2B.
- Business smart professional with the personal presence and confidence to work across various levels of an organization and be viewed as a partner by both internal and external constituents (agency, distributors).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proactive, possessing the ability to work independently and take ownership, while having fun.
- Successful experience writing for differentiated B2B product brands or product lines targeted to specific market segments and geographies.
- Firm understanding of content marketing and copy writing for SEO.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to coordinate high volumes of work under pressing time requirements.
- Commitment to results; ability to incorporate new learning into existing plans and act decisively.
- Ability to use a wide variety of tools including Excel, Google Analytics, and web content management systems (SharePoint 2010/13, Epi-Server, Site Core).
- MS Office.
- Ability to operate successfully within a matrix reporting structure.
- Ability to write for a variety of communications streams, including the web, newsletters, PowerPoint, organizational announcements, event promotions, flyers, etc.
- Working knowledge of web content management systems, as well as project management and collaboration tools.
- Strong working knowledge of AP style guide.
This is a contract marketing staffing position.