MarketPro has partnered with a religious non-profit in Philadelphia, PA for the marketing recruitment of a contract-to-hire Director of Marketing and Communications. We are currently seeking someone who is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all of Client’s communications strategies and activities, both internal and external. The ideal candidate will be an effective, creative, entrepreneurial communicator able to bring passion, depth, wisdom, experience, and tech savvy to an evolving Jewish community. The director will manage a high volume of digital, print, internal, and external communications tasks.
- Developing and maintaining clear and consistent messaging, branding, and standards of excellence at all levels and across all mediums
- Serving as a trusted resource and in-house communications expert able both to think creatively and to do efficiently
- Crafting the “look and feel” of all communications with brand consistency, to evoke warm, inviting, exciting sentiments across all mediums
- Writing quality marketing copy and publication articles, and serving as a primary spokesperson for the organization
- Creating and implementing effective advertising campaigns with paid advertisers, web, and social media channels
- Overseeing and executing HTML e-blast design and deployment
- Overseeing the design of marketing materials for print and digital (monthly newsletter, posters, postcards, brochures, advertising)
- Managing routine website content as needed
- Orchestrating other staff and graphic designers to ensure timely and excellent outflow of materials
- Working with Director of Membership Engagement, Education Director, and the Clergy to spearhead membership/school enrollment recruitment and promotion activities, raising Client’s visibility within the Philadelphia area Jewish community
- Enforcing clearly established communications work flows and processes already in place
- Establishing clear benchmarks for success, evaluating the institution’s progress and regularly reporting out to leadership as needed
- Has 3+ years’ experience as a communications professional with a passion for non-profits/mission-based work
- Has successfully developed branding and messaging for non-profit organizations
- Has worked closely and comfortably with senior level management and various stakeholders to develop and deliver clear, consistent, and creative communications across a broad array of channels (both internal & external) for medium-to-large size organizations
- Has People Skills: you’re an effective communicator who can tailor a message to specific audiences and work well with those around you
- Has Juggling Skills: you manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines (usually without breaking a sweat) and always have a few balls in the air (you rarely drop them).
- Digital Communications Skills: you’re up on current technologies, marketing trends, and best practices. You understand content management systems (CMS), e-blast software, databases (CRMs), social media platforms, digital analytics, user experience (UX), and how they all work together
- Speaking & Writing Skills: you articulate messages well. Whether an office memo about the coffee maker or a high-level presentation to congregants or Board members, people often go to you when they need help “to say this better.”
- Teaching Skills: you’re eager to share your competencies with the organization and skilled at helping others understand how to “do things better.”
- Design & Production Skills: you have some hands-on skills or at least “an eye for good work”. You are comfortable working with (and giving direction to) web designers, print designers, print vendors, video editors, photographers, and other creative professionals. You can probably knock together a good image as well.
- Is an admitted “perfectionist” with an eye for detail and desire to always be better, yet your experience has taught you that failure is better than never trying, and you don’t get discouraged for long.
- Photoshop, PicMonkey, Picasa, and similar photo editing tools
- Constant Contact or other e-newsletter software
- Illustrator, InDesign or similar design program
- Facebook Page Manager, Twitter, Sendible, Hootsuite, and other social media platforms
- YouTube and Vimeo
- Wufoo or similar form building tool
- SurveyMonkey or similar survey collection tool
- Paperless Post or similar online invitation tool
- Microsoft: Office (2007, 2010 or 365)
This is a contract-to-hire position.