MarketPro has partnered with one of the fastest growing specialty e-retailers in search of a contract-to-hire e-commerce Site Manager. MarketPro is seeking an E-Commerce Site Manager to join our client’s team in Atlanta, GA. This role will oversee daily website management as key business liaison with IT and other e-commerce stakeholders. This role will include service level planning, resource management, large-scale implementation, production operations, website project management, and continuous improvement. Experience working with a team of web developers and a large-scale e-commerce platform would be ideal.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to direct website strategy, design, development, and implementation based on first-rate judgment and the vision set forth by the executive management team. The right candidate will have proven strategic planning and execution skills, deep experience within e-commerce, successful leadership in large web initiatives, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to improve business processes via change management.
- Oversee Site Quality Assurance that impacts User Experience to ensure continued e-commerce growth, profitability and client satisfaction
- Implement new technologies to improve site performance and achieve business goals
- Lead development of business requirements and the design of all website enhancements and changes
- Work with cross-departmental teams to help define feature requirements via site data, usability findings, market research, and proven user-centered design principles
- Daily management of cross-functional business updates that impacts Website (e.g. update and removal of banners), project management goals and timelines, as well as site performance tuning and metrics
- Prioritize web changes/upgrades requested by marketing, sales, or other teams and manage expectations as well as vendor integration and completion
- Collaborate with IT on cross-platform, cross-browser quality assurance on website development releases, acting as the liaison between e-commerce, the client, and IT to ensure smooth project planning and delivery
- Work cross-departmentally and with client contacts to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise
- Manage third party software integration (e.g. site analytics, personalization, ratings & reviews etc.) and develop and maintain effective working relationships with strategic vendors
- Oversee and evangelize web process improvement, testing strategies and release automation
- Assess site performance through Omniture Site Catalyst data and user feedback, and make recommendations to others website participants based on analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, computer science, or a related field (Masters is a plus)
- 10 years of professional work experience with at least 3 to 5 years of e-commerce retail experience with extensive knowledge of B2C internet retailer best practices and strategies
- 3 to 5 years of experience in release management and change management in a production environment
- Expertise with relevant production/QA/Dev operating systems and virtualization
- Experience managing end-to-end testing of production web systems for both performance and capacity planning
- Experience with E-Commerce monitoring applications & systems capacity management
- Experience with large-scale e-commerce storefronts and related deployments (e.g. ATG, Websphere, IBM, Demandware etc.)
- Hybris experience is a big plus
- Experience with Content Management Systems such as Drupal is a plus
This is a contract to hire marketing staffing position.