MarketPro has partnered with a Fortune 500 company for a marketing executive search of a Global Business-to-Business Brand Manager. Based in Toledo, Ohio, this global leader in the building materials industry posted 2014 sales of $5.3 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 26 countries.
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Marketing this position is accountable for developing and delivering a fully integrated marketing strategy for the global Composite Solutions Business and holds the ultimate responsibility to deliver marketing activities. We are committed to a growth agenda and the Marketing Leader will, in collaboration with business, regional and functional leaders, help enable and deliver this strategy. The specific contributions for driving growth include: Brand Positioning and Brand Equity Development; Marketing Strategy to drive Product Leadership and support Innovation efforts; Digital Strategy; and development and deployment of tactical Marketing plans. The incumbent will be a recognized and respected leader that demonstrates values and a commitment to high performance.
Responsibility 1: B2B Brand Positioning and Brand Development.
Help lead development and refinement of a global B2B Brand Management capability, working closely with regional and business unit leaders to ensure engagement and consistent deployment and use. This work will also link closely with the Brand Positioning and Brand Development teams in Roofing, Insulation and Corporate Communications, ensuring corporate alignment and sharing of best practices.
- Develop and implement consistent B2B Brand Strategy – global and regional, including external shows, presentations, packaging, and marketing collateral.
- Lead Marketing team – including Marketing Operations and Trade Show Management.
- Develop marketing strategy for new and existing products, in partnership with product management.
Responsibility 2: Establish and provide marketing best practice expertise to B2B.
- Partners with the business on marketing plans and actions that will lead B2B to achieve our business goals.
- Lead and manage implementation of marketing strategy – including campaigns, events, digital marketing, credentialing/influence marketing and Public Relations.
- Partner with the Sales team – enable Sales to meet commercial objectives by providing them with effective tools, materials and programs, supported by strong roll-out plans to ensure engagement and use.
- Partner with Corporate Communications to develop and deliver effective marketing and communications strategies for B2B.
- Direct development and execution of global marketing communications initiatives including product launches, sales collateral, tradeshows, campaigns, social site presence, company website, public relations, internal communication, regulatory communications and corporate events.
Responsibility 3: Develop and implement digital marketing strategy
- Working across businesses and regions, help identify, adopt and deploy “best practices” in the areas of Digital Brand-Building, Marketing, Online Community and Content Development.
- Develop strategy and implementation plan to strengthen online presence. Includes managing redesign of the website/online presence, improving site usability, design and resulting in conversions. Determine how projects should be completed – internally or externally – and mange relationships with outside vendors as necessary.
- Develop strategies to drive online traffic to specified website, tracking key metrics and making continual improvements to the website.
- Manage online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
Responsibility 4: Insights and Innovation – Leadership in how to drive the discovery process and translate insights into action – delivering impactful innovation efforts.
- Working closely with the Strategic Marketing team, develop organizational capabilities in – Discovery (including Human-Centered Design), Insight Development, and How to Turn Insights into Action.
- Develop capabilities in Discovery techniques, including Human-Centered design and lead development of these skills across, in connection with delivering strategic priorities.
- Brand Health Metrics – Awareness, Preference, Equity.
- Drive ROI across product leadership strategic choices.
- Customer Survey – strengthen key areas of performance
- An undergraduate degree is required (technical degree preferred); an MBA or equivalent working experience is strongly preferred
- 8+ years of Strategic Marketing, Brand Management and or Brand Marketing experience.
- Experience in B2B Matrixed environment
- Experience working in a matrix organizations with multiple distribution channels and influencers with accountability across geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Experience in shaping business strategy and leading strategic planning with best in class analytical tools.
- Experience in translating market trends into marketing product strategies based upon trend analyses and feedback.
- Experience with cross-functional teams. Aptitude to build strategic and execution-focused plans and alliances with partner leadership.
- Effective planning and execution of communications for internal and external stakeholders, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and marketing programs and pipelines that deliver quantifiable financial returns.
This is a full time direct hire.