MarketPro has been retained on a CMO executive search for a popular global destination travel brand. Headquartered in Boston, this state-of-the-art organization provides travel programs to destinations all over the world. Our client is looking for a top direct response executive who is now current with the latest in digital.
As Chief Marketing Officer the focus will be on customer acquisition and retention to drive business with proven sales management, management of high volume transactions and multi-departmental management. This executive will lead strategic marketing initiatives, manage the customer database, define customer communications, CRM functions, and loyalty programs and oversee the inbound and outbound customer sales interaction including the digital, e-commerce, call center and customer service functions. As a key priority, s/he will lead the direct marketing initiatives across channels, including web/interactive, digital channel development, direct mail, and advertising.
In addition, the Chief Marketing Officer will spearhead the analysis of new products, services, partners and distribution channels to continue to position the Company’s diversified set of travel packages, products and services. S/he will lead the evaluation and implementation of potential changes and enhancements in the Company’s current distribution strategy. The role will take on a consultative approach as the Chief Marketing Officer works closely with operations and finance to build the strategic marketing dimension which continues to have a greater emphasis on digital channels and emerging technologies that support customer dialogue.
- Develop Revenue Strategy. Build the marketing plan and implement key marketing, sales, and customer service programs to grow the customer base and gain sustainable revenue. Work closely with key departments (e.g. – operations and finance) to implement and evaluate effective marketing and sales programs.
- Oversee Online Properties. This includes the design and implementation of robust online interfaces with the customer to enhance the quality and frequency of dialogue with existing and potential customers, and ultimately to drive online bookings. Design, test and implement proactive strategies to acquire and retain customers, including creative ways to introduce customers to the differentiated products and services
- Own the Direct Marketing Platform. Lead the production and distribution of direct mail and email. Provide leadership to CRM initiatives and manage the quality and content of customer data. Evaluate trends and spearhead enhancements. Initiate innovation relative to what captures and how it leverages this information.
- Will effectively mine the Company’s existing database to increase the lifetime values of its current members, as well as how to implement strategies to profitably grow the target audience to drive the Company’s top line revenue.
- Lead direct marketing activities. Provide leadership to all marketing and sales efforts, including the branding and communication associated with new product and service launches, and will lead the development of all channels of customer contact. Identify and implement strategic marketing initiatives and create alliance partnerships.
- Lead a Dynamic Team. Motivate and retain a team of approximately 40 professionals to support the growth of the strategic marketing function. Collaborate with colleagues in operations and finance to share the excitement around strategic marketing initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field required. MBA strongly preferred.
- 15+ years B2C marketing experience in Travel, Destination Entertainment, or Hospitality industries.
- 5+ years in a major on-line, digital environment.
- 10+ years in senior leadership roles and metrics-driven leadership style.
- Strong competence in digital, branding, and cross-channel customer experience.
- Ability to market to a very broad audience that includes nearly every imaginable demographic.
- Ability to craft compelling stories and communicate them with target audiences.
- Experience managing direct marketing, loyalty/membership programs strongly preferred.
- Strong awareness and respect for popular culture, media and trends.
- Data-oriented and relentless in pursuit of better ROI.
This is a CMO executive search for a full-time direct hire.