MarketPro has partnered with an international travel company in Atlanta, GA in search of a contract Internal Communications Specialist. We are currently seeking someone who will play an instrumental role in helping our Client’s Human Resources team educate, inform and engage their worldwide workforce of 80,000 on a number of employee-centric topics – including benefits, compensation, policies and procedures, health and wellness, insurance and retirement – through the creation, execution and distribution of innovative and effective multi-media communications strategies and tactics. The position reports to the Strategic Communications Manager – Human Resources. On a daily basis, the HR Communications Specialist will works closely and collaboratively with HR divisional leaders and subject matter experts to identify, understand and proactively respond to their unique communication needs and opportunities and develop and deliver timely, professional, effective, and creative communication solutions. He/she will work closely with both HR Communications team members and a number of external vendors, as needed, to create and distribute targeted, professional, graphics-rich content to employee audiences on time, on budget and with a high level of quality.
- Writing and editing assignments are diverse in breadth, style, and complexity and include developing comprehensive communications plans and campaigns for major HR initiatives
- Researching and crafting internal press releases, leader memos, employee correspondence, and policy and procedural updates and clarifications
- Updating employee manuals and reference documents
- Creating executive PowerPoint presentations for use at high-profile employee event
- Designing and editing various ad hoc marketing publications, such as brochures and fact sheets, and performing basic web page content management on the HR intranet site, all in an extremely fast-moving, deadline-driven operational environment with changing priorities.
- Bachelor degree in journalism, public relations, marketing or related field
- 5 years relevant work experience in a corporate communications or HR communications position. Professional HR communications experience highly preferred; i.e. benefits, health and wellness, compensation, insurance, retirement, special programs communications
- Must have experience leading, managing and completing communications projects of various sizes, timelines and budgets
- Must be familiar with Associated Press (AP) style
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Web publishing and design experience (using Adobe Suite) highly preferred – basic web content management knowledge and skills are a requirement of the position
- Must have a high degree of initiative, the flexibility to adapt quickly to changing priorities and the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of an organization
- Writing samples will be required of candidates advancing to final stage of the interview process
This is a contract marketing staffing position.