MarketPro has partnered with a unique specialty retailer based in Greensboro, North Carolina with over 180 stores across the United States for a marketing executive search. Founded in 1982, this unique and innovative brand has a deep history of delivering its customers quality fresh products in an open European style market.
We are hiring a Director of Personalized & Loyalty Marketing to join their dynamic team located in Greensboro, NC. The objectives of this role will be to drive customer value and customer engagement, by increasing the portfolio of loyalty members, increasing the amount of information we know about our customers, and driving repeat visits (revenue + share of wallet) through segmented and personalized communications, offers, and experiences.
This role will be accountable for leveraging customer insights and data to develop relevant and compelling marketing communications directed to individual consumers. The personalized marketing team, with this position as its leader, will be expected to implement and optimize a broad range of customer engagement tactics, ranging from a loyalty program (currently in beta test), direct mail, email, and other personalized marketing initiatives in the digital space. This highly visible position will report to the Vice President of Marketing and Strategy, and be a part of the leadership team with Senior Director of Brand Marketing, Manager of Public Affairs, and Director of Guest Insights.
- Redefine future loyalty programs in a way that differentiates our brand from competition and appropriately recognizes our best customers
- Develop and implement all personalized marketing strategies, building on work completed to date and collaborating closely with leaders across marketing and other functions to accomplish goals
- Continue roll-out and optimization of our first Loyalty Program, fully leveraging content and customer insights, in conjunction with outside Loyalty Agency, to deliver relevant recommendations and promotions; expand use of added-value benefits tailored to customer preference in conjunction with Merchandising and Store Operations
- Manage email program – both mass distributions and, increasingly, personally targeted messages with relevant content for our guests
- Leverage internal and external data to build out customer database, tapping into behavioral and perception insights to drive more effective contact strategies
- Explore the potential for vendor partnerships to assist in funding personalized marketing programs
- Develop and grow the new personalized Marketing team; currently includes this position and one direct report (Personalized Marketing Coordinator) with expectation that this position will establish a vision for how the team should grow over time
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related required
- 10+ years of corporate marketing experience; ideally in retail, grocery, restaurant, casino/gaming or travel/hospitality
- 5+ years in direct, personalized, or loyalty marketing
- Experience leading, motivating, and developing teams
- Excellent quantitative, analytic, and problem solving skills, able to collaborate closely with Finance to assess program effectiveness
- Proven collaboration skills, working closely with fellow team members and other functions to accomplish goals
- Strong knowledge of the retail environment and consumer engagement strategies
- Deep understanding of consumer behavior combined with creativity and nimbleness to deal with complexity and to quickly identify potential solutions and sources of value
- Proven ability to lead, manage and gain alignment across highly complex matrix organization
- Strengths in structured and logical thinking, problem solving, issue resolution, and attention to detail