MarketPro has teamed up with a leading global manufacturer of building materials in a product marketing executive search of a Sr. Manager Product & Program to join their fast growing brand in Toledo, Ohio. This global organization’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in both commercial and residential markets.
The Sr. Manager Product & Program Leader will have overall responsibility to lead the development and commercialization of new shingle and component products and increase the profitability of our existing product portfolio. This individual will exhibit thought-leadership, initiative, to proactively identify and move forward market growth opportunities. The Product and Program Leader will focus on transforming our product line offering to become the preferred choice for customers. In addition, this person will be responsible to perform the analytics, define the needs of the customer, and leverage product technology and market trends to drive business results. This individual will work closely with Strategic Marketing, Manufacturing, Sales, Customer Service, Supply Chain, and Finance.
- Product Strategy – Manage specific products throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, conducting Voice of the Customer (VOC) research, defining the product vision, and making sure products meet customer FFU’
- Business Case Analytics – Prepare/present plain language statements of market opportunities that accurately forecast revenue and profitability as well as costs to execute. Work with partner organizations, identify and gather critical data to manage risk. Recommend appropriate courses of action, clearly stating assumptions and risks.
- Market Research – The Product & Program Leader will develop a basic understanding of how we create unique value across each specific customer type, and knowledge of key influencers: contractors and builders. The Product & Program Leader will specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to our sales teams, customers and non-customers. In partnership with Corporate Marketing and the Sales organization, the Product & Program Leader will continuously build insights and knowledge of our products in order to provide differential value to our customers and their businesses, and key influencers.
- Project Management – The Product & Program Leader will create and execute a plan of work to deliver projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members (to include Marketing, S&T, Operations, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Finance, Sales) in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project & Program Leader will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Commercialization – The Product & Program Leader will work with the Marketing team to develop commercialization, pricing, and promotional strategies to effectively launch new and improved products. This includes defining product positioning and messaging to highlight benefits and value to establish a competitive advantage in the market with all customer channels. The Product & Program Leader will lead the communication with Sales and other key stakeholders.
- Competitive Analysis – The Product & Program Leader will be recognized as a product knowledge expert for their product segment. The individual will monitor market needs and requirements, taking into account future technologies, codes and standards, competitor products/services and regulatory issues to develop and implement innovative customer solutions for existing and new products.
- Five+ years successfully executing full product / service management including positioning, pricing strategy, margin management, investments, and channel management.
- Bachelor’s degree is essential, MBA preferred.
- Developing and marketing new products and services; attracting new customers.
- Five-plus years of brand management leadership in a consumer products organization.
- Exposure to/work in the retail channel, highly desired.
- Demonstrated quantitative capabilities, including financial, statistical and predictive modeling.
- Development of successful relationships with suppliers and co-marketing partners, preferred.
- Influencing others effectively and sustainably with and without authority.
- Business and financial acumen: increasing margins through management of mix, cost and price.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations to large and diverse audiences.
This is a product marketing executive search for a full-time direct hire.