What is your dream job? Influencing a fast-growing company? Becoming part of a growing analytic team? Asking and answering interesting questions about how our business is run, and how it should be run? If so, then we’ve got the position for you. We are looking for analytic talent in Nashville, TN (ZIP code 37027) who will influence the business decisions by helping to institutionalize a data-driven analysis culture.
The primary role of this position will be to identify and work on high-impact business problems and develop viable solutions through data analysis, predictive modeling, and advanced analytics techniques. The candidate will work closely with teams across the company including other analytics team members, marketing, sales, and operations.
This position will also help build and maintain the data infrastructure for our analytic data mart, develop tools to quickly put data in the hands of those who need it, and pull together data from various internal and external sources.
- Performs large scale data analysis and develops effective statistical models and analytics for prediction and segmentation
- Identifies actionable insights, suggests recommendations and influences the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
- Builds models using advanced statistical techniques, including OLS, fixed and random effects models, 2SLS, logistic regression, time series analysis, and random forest models
- Produces clearly written deliverables that effectively and efficiently relay key information to stakeholders
- Identifies opportunities to utilize business data at the community and market levels, such as pricing, marketing, hiring success, and other areas
- Works closely with other members of the Insights & Analytics team to produce and communicate team deliverables
- Works independently as necessary on important projects with challenging schedules
- Ensures accuracy of results produced
- Helps build and maintain the data infrastructure
- Writes queries (SQL, Oracle BI) to gather data, and creates Oracle tables to help build out an analytic data mart for current and future work
- Handles data preparation, data feeds and updates of various projects
- Provides regular and ad hoc analyses for various audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, economics, mathematics, marketing analytics) or significant relevant coursework
- 3-5 years’ professional experience with data mining, segmentation, and/or predictive modeling using large, marketing databases
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAS/SQL programming; minimum 2 years
- Oracle experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office; including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong analytic thought process and ability to interpret findings
- Ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Acute attention to detail (QA/QC)
- Effective organization and time management skills
This is a contract to hire marketing staffing position.