Under the direction of the Senior Director, Media and Digital Strategy, the key initiative the Digital Marketing Manager will lead is to significantly increase alumni engagement and membership functions, developing long-range membership and marketing goals as well as implementing and evaluating all digital programs to meet goals. This person will work closely with the Alumni Director to establish direct lines of communication with the current alumni association at networking events, conferences and seminars, and organization-wide professional meetings. This position is a contract-to-hire marketing role near Washington, D.C. and is open to remote work for the right candidate.
- Conceptualize, design and implement all digital aspects of acquisition, retention efforts and campaigns. This includes, but is not limited to, developing detailed plans, creating promotional materials, working with appropriate vendors, and tracking the outcome of the various efforts
- Develop strategy, manage, launch, test and optimize digital marketing acquisition, retention, and fundraising campaigns across traditional channels where applicable, manage email marketing, social media (earned, paid and owned media), display advertising, mobile and tablet advertising, paid search and affiliate marketing
- Assume primary responsibility for optimizing consumer parent and alumni web pages through A/B testing respecting overall design guidelines and usability standards; prepare visuals that create a consistent, compelling online experience for alumni and consumers; supervise the work of outside consultants, including freelance designers, technical and other web support, and web design agencies
- Design, draft and coordinate digital Alumni and Parents Digital Newsletter
- Plan data selection, segmentation, and prepare campaign lists
- Improve ROI and customer lifetime value across campaigns
- Manage all aspects of email campaigns to ensure optimization and delivery
- Manage list building and customer data quality
- Liaison between customer relations and field marketing
- Research alumni audience to determine appropriate content, programs, benefits, products, services and campaigns
- Collaborate with partnership and cause marketing teams in identifying, acquiring and retaining alumni [celebrity, partner employee, industry and corporate leaders]
- Collaborate with events manager in planning and implementing online events designed to increase awareness of and membership
- Oversee the development, maintenance and coordination of the Alumni Association web destination, Alumni of the month initiative, and other on-line services
- Research consumer audience to determine appropriate content, programs, benefits, products, services and campaigns across digital channels
- Work closely with the Cause, Retail and Center teams to monitor, manage and track web, mobile, email, and social conversation to donations and leads
- Responsible for reporting, forecasting and analysis, reporting and tracking ROI to database size and engagement across web properties [i.e. cultivating and growing community to be eventual donors in the long-term]
- Develop, manage and monitor the components of the acquisition budget that are related to the marketing, membership recruitment and retention activities, member benefits and programming
- Strong content marketing experience, including digital advertising and newsletters
- Undergraduate degree required in business administration, marketing or related discipline and at least three to five years industry experience in online acquisitions, retention &/or fundraising required.
- Good working knowledge of statistics and analysis tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends), and relationship management software (Raiser’s Edge) as well as experience with Convio Luminate, Blackbaud, donations and email modules.
- 5-10 years in acquisition/retention marketing programs
- 5-10 years digital marketing experience
- 5-10 years experience with email and donor campaigns using Convio platform
- 5-10 years experience managing social media, display advertising, mobile and tablet advertising, and paid search
- 5-10 years experience with web analytics (Google Analytics preferred)
- 5-10 years experience in customer relationship management (CRM), database management, customer loyalty or alumni programs is desirable but not mandatory
- Solid working knowledge of HTML coding
- Demonstrated knowledge of database management
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a complex environment, but also to work independently and without close supervision
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects and prioritize accordingly; strong organizational skills, highly detail-oriented, and a proven ability to execute quickly and efficiently.
- Strong analytical skills.
This is a contract-to-hire position based in the 20815 ZIP code.