MarketPro has partnered with a top consumer brand in Atlanta, GA for a contract Marketing Manager. As the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing meaningful and lasting business positioning for each merchandising department, as well as annual, quarterly, and monthly marketing plans. The position will be required to manage both strategic and tactical execution of marketing programs, and drive their integration throughout the company. The position serves as primary liaison between Merchandising leaders and all Marketing cross-functional departments and will serve in a marketing staffing capacity.
- Develop annual, quarterly, and monthly strategic and tactical marketing plans for merchandising departments based on competitive analysis, consumer input, financial data, and creative tactics.
- Take lead with marketing peers to integrate merchandising plans and those of other business owners within the organization, such as Advertising, CRM, Brand Management, Public Relations, Store Operations, etc.
- Accountable for ensuring accurate communication to both internal partners and external consumers
- Manage execution of tactical elements of marketing programs, including setting up promotions, working collaboratively with advertising creative team, ensuring communication to store associates, vendors, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with merchandise vendors. The goals of these relationships are to establish unique sales-driving opportunities to Client, direct and manage incremental vendor funding for marketing projects, and provide value opportunities for merchant sales negotiations.
- Lead development of strategic and tactical plan for seasonal “Event” marketing effort. Event may include Holiday, Energy, and Environment, Father’s Day, etc. Lead cross-functional team on execution of marketing plan.
- No direct responsibility for supervising others
- Bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- 7 years of consultant/brand marketing experience.
- Consultant/Brand Marketing Experience Retail or CPG marketing experience preferred.
- Strong leadership abilities and experience in managing cross-functional work relationships.
- Strong multitasking and prioritizing skills.
- Highly organized – with ability to combine strategic direction with hands-on tactical execution. Knowledge of consumer and product research, market segmentation and competitive intelligence/analysis, financial acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to combine strategic planning with practical solutions plus ability to conceptualize and build integrated marketing plans.
This is a contract marketing staffing position.